Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February)

Didn’t sleep a wink last night. Still absolutely buzzing this morning. Yet another example of how a great night from your team can change your outlook for the whole of the following week.

Mon eh Ton !!

• Upvote 2

Still buzzing from last night - in terms of atmosphere I’ve experienced at Cappielow that is probably only bettered by the Peterhead game in 2003.

At no point did we look like the lower league team up against premiership opponents - we more than matched them in every department and should fear nobody going into the next round draw.  My ideal scenario would be that St Mirren knock out Celtic and we get them at Cappielow in the quarters.

Winning on a Friday night is a special feeing - I’m looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying the rest of the weekends games.

What a team!

Edited by Greacen2000
  • Upvote 2

That was tremendous. Can't wipe the smile off my face today.

Players were excellent, especially Power and Wilson. Stopped them from playing and the lack of flowing football on show kept their players quiet.

Fans were fantastic and what a difference to see the stewards/police lets both sets get on with doing their thing,  pyro and everything. Was funny to see a bottle of Buckie roll down the terrace behind me and a guy drinking a can of Stella whilst walking out of the Cowshed at the end.

Pity about the knob with the laser pen.

Love this team!

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hopefully the money gained from that win will allow us to get another couple of contract renewals done before the end of the season. Downside of a good cup run is that alongside our great for we are finally starting to get noticed for how decent some of our players are so wouldn't be surprised if a few moved on to bigger things in the summer. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

It really is a special atmosphere when Cappielow is rocking the way it was last night. I have woke up with no voice. I’m a bit of a Scottish Cup romancicist so Aberdeen at home would be my choice for the quarters! Neil Warnock being a Morton fan n’all! 

Morton win under the lights in the Cup, hopefully Scotland get a 6 nations win v France today and its Super Bowl weekend. What a weekend…plus I’m on annual leave! Pass me a beer

Just watched the full game again on BBC. You’ve got to love Cammy Blues ! He made more appearances on the telly than anyone else, he was everywhere all night !

pen.jpg

Still on a high from last night, and that's after doing a 32km training run for the London marathon.  

I thought Oakley was superb, Wilson and Power dominated the midfield until the second set of Motherwell substitutions and the defence rarely looked troubled.  Imrie is creating something very special.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

23 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Imrie is creating something very special.  

He already has IMO. The crazy-gang spirit in that team he’s built must be the envy of so, so many other clubs. He’s right up there with Benny Rooney in my book.