Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February)

What a performance to a man we were excellent wasn't the best game to watch but who cares next round of the cup absolutely outstanding. Motherwell are rank. Can't really pick a MOTM as everyone did a shift but again I thought Robbie Crawford was everywhere I honestly have no idea how he runs so much his work rate is the best I have ever seen from a Morton player that's how highly I rate him. 

What a night enjoy the weekend, let's see who we get next. 

• Upvote 1

What a result! Played them off the park and Mullen dealt with everything. Would have saved the goal if it hadn’t deflected off Baird. Oakley superb as was Robbie. No failures in that team tonight and what a shift they put in. I had money on 3-1 and thought McGrattan was going to get a third but through to the quarters is the main thing. Magnificent.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Superb night, I think many of us were quietly confident before kick-off and we never really looked in danger at any point. We’ve played better this season but who cares, we’re in the quarters and added a further £70k odd in the bank. Hopefully we can chuck some of that at Oakley, otherwise we’ll just need to enjoy him whilst he’s here for the remainder of the season. 
Great to see Imrie giving it big licks at the end, love the guy. 

On a sour point, I hope whoever the wee fud with the laser was never enters Cappielow again, along with the idiots throwing stuff at folk down the front of the shed. C*nts. 

44 minutes ago, Scott said:

Superb night, I think many of us were quietly confident before kick-off and we never really looked in danger at any point. We’ve played better this season but who cares, we’re in the quarters and added a further £70k odd in the bank. Hopefully we can chuck some of that at Oakley, otherwise we’ll just need to enjoy him whilst he’s here for the remainder of the season. 
Great to see Imrie giving it big licks at the end, love the guy. 

On a sour point, I hope whoever the wee fud with the laser was never enters Cappielow again, along with the idiots throwing stuff at folk down the front of the shed. C*nts. 

I was watching on TV at home and thought I saw a laser dot when Morton were taking corner in the first half.  

*insert signature here*

Morton win on the TV under the floodlights and become the first team into the QFs of the Scottish Cup - you wake up and it is not a dream just a glorious Saturday morning. Cappielow with a crowd and a decent turn-out of opposition fans makes for a great atmosphere. The only aspect to look at again is how to allow more fans into the home end, the current situation is a nonsense.

As for the game it was certainly not one of our better performances. You could not fault the game-plan and/or effort but as we all know from recent performances there is more to come. The only downside is it is inevitable some of our players (and the manager) will now be attracting interest from elsewhere.- enjoy it while we can. Hopefully the feel-good factor encourages more fans along and turns what looked like being a tough season into a memorable season.