The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

On 2/23/2024 at 2:02 PM, Tubes said:

What a laugh that would be btw, would be an actual riot if they ended up in with us. As you say though, they can’t really police that on the Fanbase app.

If you're caught with away colors in the home end you should be kicked out and we should actually enforce it.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

On 2/20/2024 at 9:13 PM, Pedrodelawasp said:

I didn’t get seat selection for my season ticket on Fanbase in the first place. Spoke to some others in the stand who said they had to call up and have their allocated seat added after the purchase. Was it the same deal for you?

Had chosen seats the season before last but only ever got to sit in them a couple of times. Most games there would be people sat in the seats and I wasn’t that arsed to be bothered explaining that some seats are allocated and others are a free for all.

Might be an idea to clear away some of the years old stickers from the seats and then clearly mark the reserved ones again.

For cup games I guess it would be nice to extend the option to allocated ST holders to reserve their usual seat.

I had issues when purchasing my season ticket as I also have a kids one. It would only let me renew one and then told me that I couldn't do the kids one unless I also bought an adults one. Teething problems with new system I imagine. Contacted the club and was sorted quickly. My season tickets have designated section, row and seat number on them. I also still have the reserved sticker on the seat from a bygone era. Completely agree that these should be removed from non reserved seats and updated for current seat holders. 

I had the idea that all stand season ticket holder would have an allocated seat but clearly not the case.  For 99% of games it is not an issue but for bigger games with a larger crowd they should be able to sit in the seat they sit on for the rest of the season. 

Cue Backlash!

Motherwell's pyro was one of the highlights of the occasion for me, and really complimented the 'seething cauldron' vibe. Sad to see harmless fun being ostracised for the sake of some white-helmeted, hi-vizzed, litigation-averse risk assessors.

35 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

Motherwell's pyro was one of the highlights of the occasion for me, and really complimented the 'seething cauldron' vibe. Sad to see harmless fun being ostracised for the sake of some white-helmeted, hi-vizzed, litigation-averse risk assessors.

Yep, I find their “Well Bois” a bit of a riddy at times but that pyro display was absolutely class. 

42 minutes ago, Scott said:

Yep, I find their “Well Bois” a bit of a riddy at times but that pyro display was absolutely class. 

Would rather they didn’t have the strobing effect fireworks, though. Didn’t like them at all. Not as annoying as the person with the laser pointer in the shed, but off putting all the same.

8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Absolutely.  Pyro should always be encouraged.  I'd even sell it outside the ground.

Brilliant. I’ll take a dozen flares mate please. Six blue and six white.

• Like 1

Yes, pyro is spectacular, but particularly in a packed crowd it’s also extremely dangerous. Remember also that the main stand is made partly of wood. The club would be negligent if they allowed pyro. These things burn at a very high temperature. An accident waiting to happen, particularly in an old ground like Cappielow with lots of combustible things about.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Looks like it'll be a sell out. Currently that's the only aspect I'm excited for. Come match day I'm sure I will be buzzing to get out of work and down for the game though.

I wonder if we will see Oakley, wrapped up in cotton wool for 50/60 minutes?

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Looks like it'll be a sell out. Currently that's the only aspect I'm excited for. Come match day I'm sure I will be buzzing to get out of work and down for the game though.

As much as it will disappoint me on Monday, if he's not ready then I really hope not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

There's still over 1100 Sinclair St tickets left, will be doing very well if we shift even half of them.