Match Preview/Thread - Ross County vs Morton (22nd July) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ross County vs Morton (22nd July)

Admin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Oakley has been a revelation. I wonder what took place between him and Billy Dodds that saw him desperate to leave Inverness. Either way, their loss is our gain.

The fact Billy Dodds is an arseclown of the highest order might have had something to do with it. 

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Is it though? Not that I would want to cast aspersions, but I’d suggest that the folk that are most likely to patch a game for a stream would also be pretty clued up on where to get a programme stuck onto their Firestick for £50 a year.

Not that I’ve got any criticisms of folk who would use a Firestick although in no way would I use one…

I'd say so. I think most people either don't know how to or don't want to. 

That's why streaming services still exist despite the fact that everything is available out there for free. 

Bollox.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

9 minutes ago, Scott said:

Imrie straight up the tunnel at FT with no acknowledgment of the supporters again :( 

Getting bored of this tbh. He can pick his toys up or leave IMO. 

Disappointed we didn't win that, first half we were so dominant and didn't come away with the goals we needed. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

17 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Getting bored of this tbh. He can pick his toys up or leave IMO. 

Disappointed we didn't win that, first half we were so dominant and didn't come away with the goals we needed. 

Slight overreaction there

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Imrie straight up the tunnel at FT with no acknowledgment of the supporters again :( 

The supporters don't need 'acknowledgement'. If the team and management put in an organised and hard working display then that's all we should expect from them. And they certainly provided that today.

Whether Imrie is frustrated by the limitations of his role or the completely avoidable errors that ultimately cost us today, I'd rather he stewed on that just indulging in insincere, performative gesture pish to make supporters feel good. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Funds for one more player bit still able to use the loan market. The overthinkers need to relax.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

It is worrying that the budget is so low despite the fact that we have sold more season tickets than previous years, attracted more sponsorships and seemingly improved our merchandising etc. Hopefully this is because there is money being put aside for investment in the land recently acquired and for works such as the drainage. Desperately need a rb. Then, if we can get a young keeper on loan for buttons and another versatile loan signing who can play midfield and defence we should be alright. King could be really important this year

It was disappointing to lose considering we dominated the first half and large parts of the second, didn't think Ross county looked brilliant but they have some decent players and took their chances where we didn't. 

We have a really good squad who will give anyone a game in the league but the depth is worrying and now losing Baird for 2 months is even more frustrating. 

It's strange that we seem to have an even tighter budget despite a decent season and increased income at the start of this season tickets sales etc.

You can see why Dougie is frustrated at the lack of funds when it's clearly going to hurt the team when we have no backups, to not even have some sort of a backup goalkeeper at this stage of season is a bit poor. The loan market can and should be used in these situations and hopefully we use it well. 

Blues was terrific at right back, but it's clearly not a long-term solution.

We should have had the game wrapped up by half-time, a really good first-half performance. Makeshift defence or not, it's disappointing to lose it through such basic goals. A simple throw-in for the equaliser then one ball removed from a goal kick for the winner, it shouldn't be that easy to get in behind.

It was a bizarre change to put McGrattan on and move Boyd deeper when Gillespie went off while King was sitting on the bench and I hope Imrie, while he's clearly frustrated about the budget again, wasn't trying to make a point by doing that. We really lacked a presence in midfield as a result and while it didn't directly contribute to either goal, it did contribute to falling out of the game.

We're still on track for 9 points with a goal difference of at least +5 which as should give us a very good shout at taking one of the best runners-up slots, but can't say for sure how likely that is until the midweek games are at the out road and everyone has played at least three games.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

We're still on tracks for 9 points with a goal difference of at least +5 which as should give us a very good shout at being one of the best runners-up slots, but can't say for sure how likely that is until the midweek games are at the out road and everyone has played at least three games.

The outcome will have a big influence on the rest of our season as far as Imrie's budget is concerned. 

1st round group stage - 5 worst runners-up: £32,000

2nd round losers - £55,000, with a further £27,000 if chosen for live tv.

Archived