Commercial Activity - Page 95 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

While on commercial stuff, did anyone order the 97-99 retro away kit from that retro kit page on twitter? I only ask because it seems to have gone awful quiet on their twitter page, and see they're no longer showing as a sponsor of this site. 

I wanted to try and order the 80s retro top they brought out and asked on twitter but there's been no reply.

• Upvote 1

Just did a check to see exactly what the rules are in punctuating abbreviations in academic papers, and it specifically says....

'If full stops are used, they should be added after all letters in an acronym or initialism, not just the last one (m.p.h., not mph.)'

https://www.proof-reading-service.com/en/blog/punctuating-abbreviations-use-full-stops/#:~:text=If full stops are used,initialisms (U.S.A. and R.E.M.).

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

While on commercial stuff, did anyone order the 97-99 retro away kit from that retro kit page on twitter? I only ask because it seems to have gone awful quiet on their twitter page, and see they're no longer showing as a sponsor of this site. 

I wanted to try and order the 80s retro top they brought out and asked on twitter but there's been no reply.

Did get worried when they were binned as a sponsor on here with no explanation.

Actually got a dispatch notification for the 97-99 top about midnight last night.

4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I got the 80s top in a medium mate and ita too big for me. Would you be interested?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Is this a Dull Men's Club parody thread now?

Having F.C on a jersey is absolute shit, the kind of thing a pub team would spot before hitting the print button. It's basic standards, something we have generally been getting better at as a club, but not in this case.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

I don't see the fuss for a change.

Also picked up a big bag of blue and gold merch, club's done really well here IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

It's not in itself a massive issue, but it's perhaps a sign of lack of professionalism that we thought we had left behind. Hopefully not and it's a one-off.

There’s probably more chance that it’s a fuck up on behalf of whatever marketing agency the club have commissioned to design the anniversary badge/range of products.

It could be argued the club should have audited it, but have acted in good faith and are now facing fans’ criticism as a result of someone else’s failings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

There’s probably more chance that it’s a fuck up on behalf of whatever marketing agency the club have commissioned to design the anniversary badge/range of products.

It could be argued the club should have audited it, but have acted in good faith and are now facing fans’ criticism as a result of someone else’s failings.

Surely somebody at the club must have checked it, and given it the OK. It was the first thing I noticed about it.

If the learning at the club is that more diligence is required when when approving any branding or merchandising related to the club, then that perfectly fine. That was the main reason for highlighting it in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My general rule of thumb is that if its something the old Hamilton Accies board would do then it's something that's not acceptable. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On 10/4/2023 at 11:39 PM, LargsTON said:

Who gives a shit about a full stop tbh.  It's not something I'd even have noticed.

I noticed it immediately. Haven't slept for three days. Fucking traumatised. On the upside though - I wonder if these 'rookie grammatical mistake' shirts etc. will become Antiques Roadshow megabucks collectors items, just like the priceless stamps with the image printed upside-down, or the super-rare coins with the Queen's head stamped back to front? I think we should all be encouraged to buy these highly prized collectors items as a solid investment. 

Edited by SassenachTon

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

Personally think you're all being dramatic and no one would have noticed or given a shit about a dot if we weren't on our way to the seaside.

Aye I for one can't wait to celebrate our 150th year vs Alloa in my dodgy DH Gate standard Morton celebratory merchandise. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

5 hours ago, port-ton said:

Aye I for one can't wait to celebrate our 150th year vs Alloa in my dodgy DH Gate standard Morton celebratory merchandise. 

As opposed to distributing an entirely wrong flag of origin as part of a 'celebration day' of some mercenary, which was in no way dodgy or indeed plain gubbins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are