Partick Thistle v Morton (proverbial 6 pointer) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Partick Thistle v Morton (proverbial 6 pointer)

gmfc23

I seem to recall Lee Kilday and Sir Richard Lamie displaying all of the above traits while playing out of position at full back under another gormless Morton manager back in 2014-15, yet they’d walk into our team right now.

A centre back doesn’t need to be anywhere near as good on the ball as a full back to do their job effectively: that Welsh for example can’t cross a ball to save himself is a current issue for the team caused entirely by him being played out of position. A lack of strength is largely down to the fact that he’s 19, an age at which most players have not yet reached the strength required for senior football every week.

I’m not saying that we’ve got the next Alessandro Nesta on our hands with Welsh either, but a player playing out of position in a dung side does not mean their career is finished as a result. Until he gets a run of games in his actual position then we should focus our ire on truly inexplicable flops, like Ramsbottom and that useless sand dancer King.

Nah, he's shite.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, he's shite.

After claiming that Danny Rogers is an equally poor goalkeeper as the current beach volleyball clown based on ‘goals conceded’, I’m afraid that all of your player judgments have been automatically forwarded to the bin where they belong.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

After claiming that Danny Rogers is an equally poor goalkeeper as the current beach volleyball clown based on ‘goals conceded’, I’m afraid that all of your player judgments have been automatically forwarded to the bin where they belong.

You have mellowed. You used to throw in a champ at the end of your put-downs.

Danny Rodgers isn't the answer. It's cute you fancy him a bit but he's been just as bad as Ramsbottom.

It's either that or you can't comprehend the fact that there's two bad keepers at the club.

If he’s better than what we’ve got then why was his only offer to play football just three months ago a honking Dumbarton side shipping an average of four goals a game at the time in the seaside leagues? Where were say, Alloa, Arbroath or even a promotion chasing East Fife when it came to this supposedly capable Championship full back for hire?

This is Stephen Stirling syndrome all over again, except that instead of a mere leg break Tumilty has suffered a truly terminal career ending fate - playing for Dumbarton - yet is still being bizarrely hyped as the answer to our problems several months on.

Another few weeks of this dross on the park and even Dylan Dykes will be getting the same revisionist treatment.

It's not like you to twist an argument, I'm not saying he's the answer to all our problems but he could be a small part of the jigsaw, lots of small improvements can make a big improvement.

I don't know why he didn't get a better club maybe travel might of been an issue given the amount of money we're talking about here it could be a major factor

^^^scrambling for relevance

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Danny Rodgers isn't the answer. It's cute you fancy him a bit but he's been just as bad as Ramsbottom.

It's either that or you can't comprehend the fact that there's two bad keepers at the club.

That’s only appears as a ‘fact’ in the mind of a complete and utter moron like yourself. Gutted for you.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've only seen highlights and the odd TV game, but it's possible to acknowledge we have two poor goalies while also admitting that only one of them is *completely* out of his depth, as in he can't complete basic maneuvers with his hands.

Dunno why we're sticking with him at all. I just can't see what we have to lose by giving Denny Rodgers a run in the team.

EOho8Pw.png

It's not like you to twist an argument, I'm not saying he's the answer to all our problems but he could be a small part of the jigsaw, lots of small improvements can make a big improvement.

I don't know why he didn't get a better club maybe travel might of been an issue given the amount of money we're talking about here it could be a major factor

Travelling clearly wasn’t that much of an issue for Tumilty while he was contracted to Ross County, yet was loaned out to Falkirk and then made the decision to sign for Morton less than a year ago. So quite why going beyond sight of the Erskine Bridge would suddenly become a deal breaker is anyone’s guess. By far the more straightforward and logical explanation is that he is just a dung full back who has finally found his natural level, which also tallies with his actual dung performances in a Morton jersey throughout last season.

The solution to the right back problem involves getting rid of Mike Bassett in the dugout and his obsession with playing a flat back four every week, as well as prioritising signing an actual right back in the next transfer window. If one isn’t available within our budget then you just stick with a back three instead,

That’ll be him lost the dressing room after slaughtering the players tonight. They are at fault, but he has consistently made errors in tactics/selections/subs that have cost us big time. He won’t get sacked, only way he’s going is by throwing the towel in.

That’ll be him lost the dressing room after slaughtering the players tonight. They are at fault, but he has consistently made errors in tactics/selections/subs that have cost us big time. He won’t get sacked, only way he’s going is by throwing the towel in.

Was thinking that as well. And the thing is, I don't recall him slaughtering Ramsbottom (admittedly I could just have missed this, as I don't listen to the post-match stuff very often.)

EOho8Pw.png

The only person failing to comprehend anything here is you, with your struggle to grasp the concept that having two bad goalkeepers is not the same thing as having two equally bad goalkeepers.

Ramsbottom is clearly a worse goalkeeper than Rogers. This is obvious to everyone other than Hopkin, Timmins and you.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Also, as people are seemingly still struggling:

Hopkin not Hopkins

Millar not Miller

McAlister not McCallister

Nesbitt not Nisbet

Welsh not Walsh

ROGERS NOT RODGERS

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Seriously I don't know anything about managing a professional team or game tactics but having seen most of the games this season think I could give it a go.

For starters bin Millar, Blue, Muirhead, McLean, Dykes and Orsi.

While none will look to go offer 50% of their contract as settlement and use cash for a right back and a forward.

A few has been unfair on the boy Welsh who is a centre back and not a wingback.

Billy King is here on a short term deal until the window. Thought a player with his credentials should have made an impact. I see VT has labelled him a sand dancer, must be from his warm ups not been on the park long enough to workout where he has gone wrong.

Had hoped Arbroath game would deliver some points having seen how pish they were a few weeks ago but they have gone on a run and will see us as easy meat.

Noted cup ops knock Seven by Buckie who were level top of THL could be Hoppy's last stand. Might have to use Mortontogether fund for payoff as Rae's won't pay out.

Billy King is here on a short term deal until the window. Thought a player with his credentials should have made an impact. I see VT has labelled him a sand dancer, must be from his warm ups not been on the park long enough to workout where he has gone wrong.

lol wut

He's made five appearances since joining the club on September 19. Of these, he was brought on to make the difference against Arbroath with fully forty minutes to go: was shite; done nothing; the team lost. He was the brought on against Ayr at 3-2 down to change the game: was shite; done nothing; the team lost. And yesterday he was brought on to change the game against ten fucking men: was shite; did nothing and the team once again lost. He's got far more of a run out in recent weeks than Kalvin Orsi, yet I don't see anyone holding a candelit vigil for Orsi's promising football talent. They've both had enough chances and game time to conclude that they're just dung. 

King was a free agent in the middle of September for that very good reason and if he hadn't been signed by Thu Rainjurs years ago then he would have already found its natural level in the Lowland League or the juniors by now. 

Archived