Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 66 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

if JJ assembles this squad cunts would be going mental. We’re in for a long hard season AGAIN

I don't disagree with that at all, tbh. As it stands though, we appear to have a good manager who seems to be well-prepared and knowledgeable, so I think we need to just hold fire a bit.

It's not inspiring on paper, but it's far too early to be seriously concerned.

AWMSC

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn’t at the game on Tuesday so I can’t really comment on the performance of anyone that night as all I have to go on would be the opinions of others. What I can safely comment on is how woeful Lee Kilday has been for us and I certainly was not saddened by his departure from the club. We may end up with someone that doesn’t quite hit the mark but surely it’s a risk worth taking when we know that what we had wasn’t good enough anyway. He absolutely had to go in my opinion.

If Kilday wasn't good enough then how did he both play at this level for several years and then walk into a Championship team who aren't currently bringing players out of retirement/pub leagues like Brunei to make up the numbers serve as important first team players? The constant inability of people to rationally judge Kilday's level is quite something. 

If we were serious about going for promotion then I'd actually agree that it'd be better to gamble on a new defender rather than a solid performer like him with some fitness concerns - indeed I said just as much at the beginning of last summer. But that's not what's happening here. Golden Casket wants out and so there is no credible play-off push being set up at all; we're just swapping out solid performers at this level for whatever cheap dung has ended up on our doorstep a few days before the competitive season starts. That is not how you go about building the spine of your first team. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If Kilday wasn't good enough then how did he both play at this level for several years and then walk into a Championship team who aren't currently bringing players out of retirement/pub leagues like Brunei to make up the numbers serve as important first team players? The constant inability of people to rationally judge Kilday's level is quite something.

If we were serious about going for promotion then I'd actually agree that it'd be better to gamble on a new defender rather than a solid performer like him with some fitness concerns - indeed I said just as much at the beginning of last summer. But that's not what's happening here. Golden Casket wants out and so there is no credible play-off push being set up at all; we're just swapping out solid performers at this level for whatever cheap dung has ended up on our doorstep a few days before the competitive season starts. That is not how you go about building the spine of your first team.

Who has Kilday signed for?

I guess we are essentially in agreement here. Saying he wasn’t good enough is in reference to where I feel we should be aiming (promotion). Granted that may differ from where the board are actually aiming (who knows?). The Championship team he has walked into is one that I would hope to better in the coming season so if Kilday is their level then yeah, I want something of higher quality please. Like I say, I haven’t had a look at any of the defenders we are currently involving ourselves with so I can’t judge and I’m certainly not saying they will be better. What I am saying is I WANT better and therefore we may need to take a risk in our attempts to find it. It’s not like I’m looking for a world class defender here, just something better than Lee Kilday.

Unless we’re correctly transferring every last penny of the MCT money straight into Sir Gavin’s account for a ten year contract then we won’t be getting any better (permanent) options in this window though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Unless we’re correctly transferring every last penny of the MCT money straight into Sir Gavin’s account for a ten year contract then we won’t be getting any better (permanent) options in this window though.

I'm in favour of this.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Thoughts on a back 3 of Grant, McLean and Mcallister?

I would rather have Jacobs Millar and Lyon in the middle to be fair.

I’d been assuming McAlister would continue to play at CB as he had towards the end of the season, given the lack of signings in the position. I think playing him to the right of a three is potentially where we can get the best out of him at this stage on his career. Certainly preferred him at the back over midfield last season.

I’d been assuming McAlister would continue to play at CB as he had towards the end of the season, given the lack of signings in the position. I think playing him to the right of a three is potentially where we can get the best out of him at this stage on his career. Certainly preferred him at the back over midfield last season.

In theory it works. If you have a back three it's a major advantage if one of them is good at receiving and retaining the ball, and he should be a better option than some of the dross we've been linked with.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived