ton v inverness - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v inverness

beetee

Millar on for Oliver made perfect sense, they were finding gaps despite us sitting deep and that gave us more energy to press them which stopped them finding so much space; sitting deep looked far less dangerous after that substitution.

Where Johansson still contrived to kill us tonight despite our best performance since 5-1 v Partick was the Dallas for Kiltie sub. There were two occasions after the sub and before the equaliser the ball was played right at Dallas, twice the ball came straight back at our box where Kiltie would have had a throw in their half at worst. We were as well being down to 10 men as putting Dallas on, it completely robbed us of an outball.

Those players are done.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ cost us that with his insipid shite bag tactics. Sat off them for a full half and it was inevitable that was happening. We looked like the team that was blowing out our arse ever playing a full 90 on Saturday.

He's still costing us points even when the players go out and pretty well individually, what chance have got?

We simply have to bes Falkirk or we can be bottom by end of Saturday.

If we draw then we literally can’t be bottom of the table by the end of Saturday, as Falkirk would remain two points beneath us with a more difficult run-in. That’s just how a league table works champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

JJ cost us that with his insipid s***e bag tactics. Sat off them for a full half and it was inevitable that was happening. We looked like the team that was blowing out our arse ever playing a full 90 on Saturday.

He's still costing us points even when the players go out and pretty well individually, what chance have got?

I'm far from his biggest fan but it didn't look like that was his tactics to me in the second half. It looked to me a team with fragile confidence who have barely won a game this year who had a lead to hold on to and knew how important three points were and naturally started to get defensive far too early.

There were defenders on the pitch at different points trying to move the team up the pitch, but when no one moved with them they had to fall back in to place.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Radio pundits pretty much said Morton players were good but the manager shat it and cost us the win. They felt we were playing well on the front foot and would have won if we'd kept it that way, or at least tried to keep the ball when we got it back in the second half. They basically saw it coming with JJ's change in tactics, and were saying so before the sucker punch.

Apparently Kiltie was spewing at half time but carried on anyway. Boys a player btw.

Fucking sickener to concede so late again. Feels like a defeat. I’m all for people noting a better performance, but that’s a fucking terrible result again for us tonight and clapping it off the park is a right rid neck. Those 2 points would’ve probably seen us safe from any relegation worries.

Apparently Kiltie was spewing at half time but carried on anyway. Boys a player btw.

****ing sickener to concede so late again. Feels like a defeat. I’m all for people noting a better performance, but that’s a ****ing terrible result again for us tonight and clapping it off the park is a right rid neck. Those 2 points would’ve probably seen us safe from any relegation worries.

Yeah the standing ovation was over the top. The team got enough applause throughout the game. Improved performance or not, they still ultimately failed and let the fans down, again.

Seriously gutted. Team played as well as they had in months, some poor decision making at times but still as good a performance as we’ve seen under JJ. We sat back and the inevitable happened. Caley winning it wouldn’t have even surprised me that much.

I think we’re down. I can’t see us getting anything on Saturday.

Well, possession given away woefully by Millar... and they go up the park and score. Great contribution.

Fuck up

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Dallas is a complete man down.

Got in the car and it's what the pundits were saying. Taking Kiltie off cost us. Could he not last another 5 mins?

JJ bristled when asked about it. Said that people are always wise after the event. Even though the interviewer pointed out that it had been said as he made the change.

Thought we defended well. Mcallister looked more comfortable than he has. Kilday also. Tidser made such a difference. Telfer had the best game I have seen from him.

Kiltie and Oliver are all that we have up top and simply must be kept in cotton wool.

Saturday is going to be ridiculous.

Radio pundits pretty much said Morton players were good but the manager shat it and cost us the win. They felt we were playing well on the front foot and would have won if we'd kept it that way, or at least tried to keep the ball when we got it back in the second half. They basically saw it coming with JJ's change in tactics, and were saying so before the sucker punch.

Who was it this time, Alan ‘Biscuits’ Preston? John ‘Yogi’ Hughes? If there’s one thing you can be sure of its that BBC Sportsound pundits are fucking terrible judges of anything. Indeed if (and when) their big mate Jim Duffy recorded the similar results they'd be hailing his miracle work at an Albion Rovers-esque, permadiddy outfit.

We shall be the judge of the team and manager’s performances instead of some gormless failures.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It was Scott Mcdonald and Leanne Crighton. John Robertson even spoke about how deep we began to sit.

The subs they were able to bring in compared to our subs was telling. Other than Millar there was nothing that would improve us.

Dallas was brought on as Kiltie was tiring/out on his feet/ill. Kiltie was still more effective than Dallas who has no business playing at this level.

Archived