ton v inverness - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v inverness

beetee

Iredale does the same every time we change shape.

This is probably a bit facetious and a bit unfair, but I'd suggest that's probably down to the fact that he seems to be pretty devoid of any intelligence on the pitch.

He does a good impersonation of a footballer but he so rarely does the right thing: his crossing is mostly woeful, as his passing, positioning, decision-making...perhaps he could learn these things but it seems more like he's just a big powerful guy with little to mark him out as a player.

AWMSC

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidsers non-celebration for the second goal was an embarrassment ! I know he’s a Falkirk player now but surely some of these guys are still his mates and letting them celebrate without him was the wrong decision

I didn't even notice that and struggling to care either way. Dont be so bloody precious. Everything revolved around him in the first 60 mins til he visibly tired.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

This is probably a bit facetious and a bit unfair, but I'd suggest that's probably down to the fact that he seems to be pretty devoid of any intelligence on the pitch.

He does a good impersonation of a footballer but he so rarely does the right thing: his crossing is mostly woeful, as his passing, positioning, decision-making...perhaps he could learn these things but it seems more like he's just a big powerful guy with little to mark him out as a player.

I couldn't disagree more tbh but heading to work so will reply properly later.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I didn't even notice that and struggling to care either way. Dont be so bloody precious. Everything revolved around him in the first 60 mins til he visibly tired.

I saw him around the half way line clapping, looking like he was encouraging the rest of the players to keep their focus. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

JJ said on the radio that he put Dallas for him to run on to balls to try to release pressure that way. Either he didn't communicate that well enough with the other players or Millar simply made the wrong pass in the moment. Either way it was the wrong pass to make.

Talking out your hole again.

Not sure why you've got a vendetta against Iredale, always having a go at him. There are many poorer players in this team and squad.

Thought Iredale was one of our best players last night and gave their right back a lot of problems!

On Tids not celebrating, never noticed either but maybe he was a bit pissed off that he wasn't on the penalty as he has been the pen taker all season before Kiltie took over recently when Tids was out.

JJ said on the radio that he put Dallas for him to run on to balls to try to release pressure that way. Either he didn't communicate that well enough with the other players or Millar simply made the wrong pass in the moment. Either way it was the wrong pass to make.

Millar was brought on to be an experienced head and try and have us keep better possession and try get a foothold in the game again. He played a simple pass in to Dallas' feet that should have allowed us to keep possession while getting the team up the pitch.

If Dallas hadn't come on and we still had Kiltie or Oliver up front there's not a chance they would have tried to run in behind in that moment, and would have put their back in to the defender to hold them off and helped us keep the ball like they had been doing all game, so I disagree that it was the wrong pass to make.

I don't particularly blame Dallas either, it's just one of those misunderstandings that happen on a football pitch.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Thought Iredale was one of our best players last night and gave their right back a lot of problems!

On Tids not celebrating, never noticed either but maybe he was a bit pissed off that he wasn't on the penalty as he has been the pen taker all season before Kiltie took over recently when Tids was out.

Iredale was fine. It's a thankless job playing at wing-back in a back 5 system. You're the only source of width with very little support anywhere near you when you do get forward.

Millar was brought on to be an experienced head and try and have us keep better possession and try get a foothold in the game again. He played a simple pass in to Dallas' feet that should have allowed us to keep possession while getting the team up the pitch.

If Dallas hadn't come on and we still had Kiltie or Oliver up front there's not a chance they would have tried to run in behind in that moment, and would have put their back in to the defender to hold them off and helped us keep the ball like they had been doing all game, so I disagree that it was the wrong pass to make.

I don't particularly blame Dallas either, it's just one of those misunderstandings that happen on a football pitch.

I think you've missed my point. JJ said that he brought Dallas on to run in behind, i.e. he was instructed to do so. This means that he was never to try to take the ball into feet - he was asked to do a different job. This made it the wrong pass to make - because JJ had told Dallas to make the runs. So either JJ didn't make this instruction clear enough to players like Millar, either during match preparation or at the time, or Millar simply got it wrong at the moment.

If a manager sends a player on to make runs in behind with 5 minutes left, then no-one should be trying to play balls into his feet.

Imo the sub shouldn't have been made, but in making it we need to ensure that the team knows the plan.

I think you've missed my point. JJ said that he brought Dallas on to run in behind, i.e. he was instructed to do so. This means that he was never to try to take the ball into feet - he was asked to do a different job. This made it the wrong pass to make - because JJ had told Dallas to make the runs. So either JJ didn't make this instruction clear enough to players like Millar, either during match preparation or at the time, or Millar simply got it wrong at the moment.

If a manager sends a player on to make runs in behind with 5 minutes left, then no-one should be trying to play balls into his feet.

Imo the sub shouldn't have been made, but in making it we need to ensure that the team knows the plan.

That's fair enough, my response was more to you saying either way it was the wrong pass to make as I took that to mean that he shouldn't have played that pass even if JJ hadn't instructed Dallas to run in behind, but seems I misunderstood what you meant with that.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

That's fair enough, my response was more to you saying either way it was the wrong pass to make as I took that to mean that he shouldn't have played that pass even if JJ hadn't instructed Dallas to run in behind, but seems I misunderstood what you meant with that.

Yeah, for clarity I meant either the instruction wasn't made clear to the team or Millar forgot the instruction in the moment of the action. In either case the ball shouldn't have been played into the feet of a player instructed to run behind.

If Kiltie was still on then it wouldn't have been the wrong pass to make.

Yeah, for clarity I meant either the instruction wasn't made clear to the team or Millar forgot the instruction in the moment of the action. In either case the ball shouldn't have been played into the feet of a player instructed to run behind.

Can you two please double down on your original positions and dismiss one another with cartoonish catchphrase insults?

My take is that clear instructions weren’t given to the players as a group, not for the first time. After the subs at least two players were asking what they were meant to be doing. JJ told Dallas to run and run, and as a youngster he followed that and sprinted forward not knowing JJ hadn’t given Millar the same instruction. It would have worked fine with Millar and Kiltie/Oliver. The point the punters were making before the sucker punch was that JJ had changed a system that was working and now JJ had handed the initiative to Inverness, which Robertson also alluded to post match. JJ responded to the reporter who referred to this that it’s easy to be smart after the event, but the reporter told him these comments were made at the time of the substitutions, not after the sucker punch which they predicted.

I’ve not really been one to slag off or rip into JJ but there is no way of defending the massive fuck up he has made here. Going in 2-1 up at half time felt deserved, we actually looked like we knew how to play football and there was some pretty decent passing going on. Even Lee Kilday was passing the ball to OUR players! Second half for the most part we were too willing to allow them the ball to do with as they pleased. It wasn’t a scenario in which it was an onslaught or that I would say the goal was definitely coming but I certainly wasn’t surprised when it did. We closed down well at points and the 2 front men in particular put in a shift but at other times we allowed them too much time with the ball.

A game in which a point before kick off would be seen as a ‘good’ point felt like 2 lost points and I feel a better manager would have seen the game through if not added to our goal tally.

Iredale was fine. It's a thankless job playing at wing-back in a back 5 system. You're the only source of width with very little support anywhere near you when you do get forward.

There are three midfielders alongside when you're going forward as well as two forwards to aim for - the reason why Iredale regularly failed to find them last night is because he was gubbins once again. Even Tumily has been playing better than him in the same role for weeks. If it weren't for his goal at Tannadice last season and the bizarre cult that briefly attached to him then he'd be getting hounded right now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived