Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

beetee

Also laughable nonsense.

When you consider that both Caldwell and TTGJ were viewed as some of the strongest managerial prospects that we could have picked from back in September - at least according to the brains trust on this forum - it’s no wonder that we can’t ever have nice things.

You want Brian Wake as manager. The Swedish fourth divisions best manager since they changed to four tiers in the 60s.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want Brian Wake as manager. The Swedish fourth divisions best manager since they changed to four tiers in the 60s.

Brian Wake’s CV stomps all over your beloved Finnish dud’s effort: as both a manager and a player quite frankly.

Imagine calling for the club to appoint a legend as a player who just so happens to be an undefeated league title winner as manager and now playing a pivotal role at one of the top sides in Sweden after a couple of years in the gig. Clearly the likes of Pedro Caixinha’s no. 2’s officials water bottle carrier or the Jim McInally of English football remain preferable options to that cos ‘gubbins reasons’.

And every result right now demonstrates this.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Brian Wake’s CV stomps all over your beloved Finnish dud’s effort: as both a manager and a player quite frankly.

Imagine calling for the club to appoint a legend as a player who just so happens to be an undefeated league title winner as manager and now playing a pivotal role at one of the top sides in Sweden after a couple of years in the gig. Clearly the likes of Pedro Caixinha’s no. 2’s officials water bottle carrier or the Jim McInally of English football remain preferable options to that cos ‘gubbins reasons’.

And every result right now demonstrates this.

Oh fuck up you tiresome prick.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

McGraw was painful? he was the last decent manager we had, yes he had some difficult times but tell me a manager that hasn't

Agreed. We won't get much better at our level and had some great times under him.

The respect all his ex-players and people who worked with him still have for him speaks volumes of him.

Almost everyone was excited about the JJ appointment. A few people were skeptical, but most saw he had good pedigree as a player and a coach, and wasn't one of the usual mediocre suspects. He also came into the club at a time of great togetherness as everyone banded together against the boss-eyed reptile. I don't begrudge Warren and Crawford and the rest for trying something new. I'm glad they did, and I think a lot of people would have done the same. But. But it's abundantly clear now it's not working. If we had a 20 point cushion that would be one thing, but instead we're careening towards the dropzone.

The club acted boldly in appointing JJ, and now they need to act boldly in sacking him.

EOho8Pw.png

McGraw was painful.

Club hasn’t had a good manager since Benny Rooney.

Tommy McLean was an excellent manager for us and also left due to lack of ambition from the board. He jumped ship to the other team that was promoted that year - Motherwell and look at their trajectory since.

Almost everyone was excited about the JJ appointment. A few people were skeptical, but most saw he had good pedigree as a player and a coach, and wasn't one of the usual mediocre suspects. He also came into the club at a time of great togetherness as everyone banded together against the boss-eyed reptile. I don't begrudge Warren and Crawford and the rest for trying something new. I'm glad they did, and I think a lot of people would have done the same. But. But it's abundantly clear now it's not working. If we had a 20 point cushion that would be one thing, but instead we're careening towards the dropzone.

The club acted boldly in appointing JJ, and now they need to act boldly in sacking him.

It's really hard to argue with that.

McGraw was painful? he was the last decent manager we had, yes he had some difficult times but tell me a manager that hasn't

McGraw had some brilliant spells as Morton manager and his commitment to the club as player and manager was immense. A genuine club legend.

Rooney, McGraw and Hal Stewart were each in their time great managers for us. At the moment for all his failings I would take Duffy back in a flash.

For the longer term I haven't a clue.

Chris Miller as player manager maybe worth a go.

Tommy McLean was an excellent manager for us and also left due to lack of ambition from the board. He jumped ship to the other team that was promoted that year - Motherwell and look at their trajectory since.

Agreed apart from the fact that we got promoted as Motherwell got relegated. He won Division 1 to years on the bounce, taking them up as we went back down.

His record with them thereafter backs up your point though.

We are a tinpot village cricket club in terms of organisation at the moment. In fact have been for the past 18 years. Nothing sustainable in terms of forward planning and I don't mean championing the community youth aspect which is there for box ticking purposes let's be honest.

If we go down, we are f£kt I reckon.

If we go down, we are f£kt I reckon.

I would like to think the wider fan base wouldn't stomach another relegation, it would be breaking point and actually contribute to forcing the change that the club needs, especially if it comes in a season we were sold snake oil and convinced to put our money in with record season tickets on the back of a promotion plan.

If I genuinely thought that might happen, I would happily start the choruses of 'we do like to be beside the seaside'.

Knowing Morton fans, most are still backing JJ so not holding my breath.

McGraw had some brilliant spells as Morton manager and his commitment to the club as player and manager was immense. A genuine club legend.

Hard to disagree with that.

Worth remembering that he took us up to the top flight then back down again by Easter, sitting bottom for all but two weeks of the season. Stagnated for a period then took us down further.

He had 3 good seasons out of 10.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived