Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

beetee

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question is, who is next?

Who do we want but selerate to that, who will Crawford go for?

He must be hurting a bit. They hired well in the summer, let the new boss restructure and were snaked. He then took a gamble on something a bit different which was welcomed by everyone and has turned sour. With his dad dying recently as well after all his history with the club, it can't be easy picking himself up from that.

I don’t think losing to Inverness away is a sacking offence in isolation. However our lack of goals and the dreadful omission of Tidser are fatal for JJ’s credibility. Tuesday’s game is a litmus test. Lose that one and it’s sack him or sack the board. Btw did Tidser get on as a sub today? If not, FFS.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I don’t think losing to Inverness away is a sacking offence in isolation. However our lack of goals and the dreadful omission of Tidser are fatal for JJ’s credibility. Tuesday’s game is a litmus test. Lose that one and it’s sack him or sack the board. Btw did Tidser get on as a sub today? If not, FFS.

After 60 minutes.

I'm not convinced that Jonathan Johannsen's record as manager is worse than Alan Evans, Peter Cormack or Dave McPherson's, so I'm unsure if he could be described as the worst manager in our history. I'm sure the is some statto (or wannabe statto) out there will verify this. As for popularity stakes - Dave McPherson was loathed by the Cowshed at the time to the extent that when he was taken off injured the jeering that he was getting was pretty nasty, comparable with the Gary McAllister/Czech Republic game a few years earlier.

Also, as for Ray McKinnon being our best manager since McGraw - behave.

*insert signature here*

Hard to disagree with that.

Worth remembering that he took us up to the top flight then back down again by Easter, sitting bottom for all but two weeks of the season. Stagnated for a period then took us down further.

He had 3 good seasons out of 10.

My impression of McGraw was that he was at his best with a strong assistant (McNamara, Cormack). Which isn’t to take away from his achievements.

I'm not convinced that Jonathan Johannsen's record as manager is worse than Alan Evans, Peter Cormack or Dave McPherson's, so I'm unsure if he could be described as the worst manager in our history. I'm sure the is some statto (or wannabe statto) out there will verify this. As for popularity stakes - Dave McPherson was loathed by the Cowshed at the time to the extent that when he was taken off injured the jeering that he was getting was pretty nasty, comparable with the Gary McAllister/Czech Republic game a few years earlier.

You got there just before me with McPherson. Evans was another one that came to mind as well.

McPherson is the worst I can remember.

I’d have liked to have seen what Cormack would have done with the resources McPherson then got to put a squad together. Cormack was the right guy at the wrong time, I think. See also Ian McCall.

Granted he's had his time and it will be very unlikely that we'd go down that Avenue again, but I liked Jim Duffy. Yes, there were frustrating times under him but in the end he was a good, safe pair of hands at this level and gave us some of our happiest times in watching Morton over the past 30 years.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

*insert signature here*

Archived