Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

beetee

JJ doesn’t know his best formation, the players strengths and tactically he is woeful.

He is dragging us into the relegation playoff and along the way has allowed for our best player to sign a pre contract and not be utilised.

Aside from the horsing of Partick, what other games have been enjoyable/tolerable?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed in JJ’s post match quote he states that he knows Morton are a small club. I haven’t been calling for his head until now but for me this reveals why he sets us up in such negative formations and tactics. He treats ICT etc. as huge clubs who we can only hope to grab a goal on the break against, with 5 at the back. There’s no way this can motivate the players or please Crawford! I’d like to see David Hopkin appointed if he’s available.

I just noticed in JJ’s post match quote he states that he knows Morton are a small club. I haven’t been calling for his head until now but for me this reveals why he sets us up in such negative formations and tactics. He treats ICT etc. as huge clubs who we can only hope to grab a goal on the break against, with 5 at the back. There’s no way this can motivate the players or please Crawford! I’d like to see David Hopkin appointed if he’s available.

Small players, in height.

Lol

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

BBC report.

(Or are you making a point about lack of content?)

Nah genuinely couldn't find any post patch comments from him anywhere.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I want anyone who can keep us in the league and then build a squad. Wouldn't even be adverse to someone youngish who has managed at a lower level - James McDonaugh from Edinburgh City maybe?

I reckon the board will go for someone out of work so we could be looking at some joke like Hartley.

Hartley did a very good job at Alloa then at Dundee. Yes Falkirk was disaster but I actually think he’d be a good appointment! A point to prove and should have learned from his Falkirk experience!!

Hartley has enough on his CV to get another chance in management at this level. His hysterics following the 10-2 game left a sour taste though and given that he was punted from a team at the bottom of the division earlier this season we'd also be contributing to our stunning 'banter years' entry for 2018-19. 

It's a mark of just how bad TTGJ is that Hartley is being discussed now; it's also a sign of how desperate the situation is that he'd be a decent pick. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think we are now bringing to see/realise the level of a club be operate at and that we really have no right to demand Premiership football as for 30years we have done **** all.

1) Nobody is 'demanding Premiership football'. The reasonable targets that both the club and the fans have set in recent seasons is to be challenging for a play-off spot and the chance of promotion. And under favourable circumstances with a strong team - such as in 2012-13 - we might launch a genuine title challenge. Those expectations are backed up by the budget given to managers for years (with the exception of the 2013-14 'sustainability' disaster). 

2) Given that absolute tinpot outfits like Hamilton and Livingston are currently playing in the Premiership - and increasingly established second tier clubs like Inverness have lifted the Scottish Cup in recent seasons - it is not at all unrealistic to aspire to a spell in the top flight. To say otherwise just means that you have bought into the pathetic watering down of expectations that JJ Jim Duffy before him have excelled in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1) Nobody is 'demanding Premiership football'. The reasonable targets that both the club and the fans have set in recent seasons is to be challenging for a play-off spot and the chance of promotion. Under favourable circumstances with a strong - such as in 2012-13 - to have a genuine title challenge. Those expectations are backed up by the budget given to managers for years (with the exception of the 2013-14 'sustainability' disaster).

2) Given that absolute tinpot outfits like Hamilton and Livingston are currently playing in the Premiership - and increasingly established second tier clubs like Inverness have lifted the Scottish Cup in recent seasons - it is not at all unrealistic to aspire to a spell in the top flight. To say otherwise just means that you have bought into the pathetic watering down of expectations that JJ Jim Duffy before him have excelled in.

Aye, Brian wake for Breakfast and Lunch.

So you've got nothing then. 

Another boring as fuck game of football yesterday. No creativity, spark or passion. As soon as we lost that horrendous early goal then we all knew the game was over. We never, ever look like scoring. To continually play Dykes is criminal. Can’t see us beating QOS on Tuesday and lets be honest, Falkirk will come down here on Friday and be right up for it and I won’t be surprised if they leave with 3 points.

Never Yogi I would even take McCoist over him.

I wouldn’t particularly want Hughes either but he’s won the Championship and reached the Scottish Cup final at Falkirk, took Hibs into Europe, and Caley to third (their best ever finish) in the Premiership, as well as winning a Scottish Cup and losing a League Cup final. That spell at Raith has really done him in because his cv wasn’t at all bad. There can’t be many realistic candidates out of work with better.

I wouldn’t particularly want Hughes either but he’s won the Championship and reached the Scottish Cup final at Falkirk, took Hibs into Europe, and Caley to third (their best ever finish) in the Premiership, as well as winning a Scottish Cup and losing a League Cup final. That spell at Raith has really done him in because his cv wasn’t at all bad. There can’t be many realistic candidates out of work with better.

Absolutely.

Hibs at the time he went we’re going through managers like sweeties and Raith was always going to be hard.

Archived