January Transfer Window Thread - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

I'd be a big fan of a club too if they helped me get a job with one of their competitors.

No, you're right it's not a major concern, but that's three clubs around our level having signed up decent players from a decent level so far. (Harkins, Dixon, Low.) We are slower off the mark. Maybe this will pay off, maybe it won't.

Harkins I would maybe take,although we need mobility in central midfield. The other two I wouldn't take, especially Dixon who was past it when he was at Dundee Utd nevermind what he will be like now.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping he'd have made a breakthrough by now tbh. But he's still young.

Think he's playing in midfield for Annan?

Remember he got injured early in the season which put him back. Playing regularly for Annan, unlike Langan who I don't think has played any minutes.

Can Dixon not play right back, or centre half?

Don't know. He's always struck me as a left back's left back who wouldn't look comfortable elsewhere, but that's just what I've seen of him over the years. He's not very good anymore, but he doesn't strike me as a cheap option and McKeown has already complained this season about being a back up.

Maybe there's something in it, I have no inside knowledge, it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Don't know. He's always struck me as a left back's left back who wouldn't look comfortable elsewhere, but that's just what I've seen of him over the years. He's not very good anymore, but he doesn't strike me as a cheap option and McKeown has already complained this season about being a back up.

Maybe there's something in it, I have no inside knowledge, it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Nearly midnight on the 27th and you're still pished? That's good going. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

McKeown was quite vocal was he not in wanting to stick one up McKinnon and Falkirk I’m sure in light of the snaking?

He started off well for us and has looked all over the place at times there after. Issues for

Me lie around centre half(s), midfield, wingers and a striker.

His last game for Grimsby, against Newcastle U-21 in the EFL Cup, was at center-back in a back four. The one before that he was left-back in a back four. The one before that he was on the left of the back three behind a LWB, and got a straight red in the 82nd minute. Then I got tired of looking. So he's a "utility" defender these days, or at least in the eyes of Grimsby manager Michael Jolley.

EOho8Pw.png

McKinnon has spoke about him as a left back or left centre back. But then again, he looked at Michael Tidser and thought left back and they had been playing Russell at centre half for their reserves.

Any of our current squad who choose to play for McKinnon again can go and take a right good fuck to themselves. I'd like to think they'd be hounded just as much as the snake.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Nearly midnight on the 27th and you're still pished? That's good going. 

I thought that type of expression would have been quite well known, no? The type of player that others in that position would strongly associate as being a player who typifies that role. So not a left back who is constantly touted for left mid or centre half. 

Gary Miller told he can leave Carlisle already.

Seeing as McKinnon missed out on bringing him here and we ended up with tumultuous, strong chance he will try to take him to Falkirk in January.

Just had a wee look and he's yet to make a league appearance for Carlisle. I'd definitely take him, but he will no doubt end up at Grangemouth. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived