January Transfer Window Thread - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

He played for about 5 minutes after hardly kicking a ball for weeks, i'm not going to judge him on that performance.

You could pick out 5 minutes of absolute hilarity from just about every single player in the squad this season.

Lack of game time has nothing to do with attitude.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's off to play for somebody who rates him, only thing he could do, forget a hounding, nothing deserved here.

Well it's clearly not the 'only thing he could do'. And after all that's went on, any Morton player who follows McKinnon there should and will be given the appropriate reception at the next meeting.

Unless McKinnon does the right thing and comes back for Scully, Tumilty, McKeown, Bell,...

Lack of game time has nothing to do with attitude.

Although i appreciate the fortune cookie sentiment, i've seen nothing other than messageboard rumours that his attitude is poor. Even then he left Motherwell on loan because they started playing 3-5-2 and he didn't fit in, so when we started playing 3-5-2 as well i wouldn't be at all surprised if he was absolutely scunnered by that, just like most loan players would be.

I never thought he was anything special as a player even at the beginning of the season when we was playing regularly in a system that suited him, however the squad has been crying out for anything resembling pace, creativity and the ability to take a man on all season and he's the best of a bad bunch in terms of options we had at our disposal the first half of the season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Although i appreciate the fortune cookie sentiment, i've seen nothing other than messageboard rumours that his attitude is poor. Even then he left Motherwell on loan because they started playing 3-5-2 and he didn't fit in, so when we started playing 3-5-2 as well i wouldn't be at all surprised if he was absolutely scunnered by that, just like most loan players would be.

I never thought he was anything special as a player even at the beginning of the season when we was playing regularly in a system that suited him, however the squad has been crying out for anything resembling pace, creativity and the ability to take a man on all season and he's the best of a bad bunch in terms of options we had at our disposal the first half of the season.

Forgetting the rumours, the attitude comment was purely in response to his appearance on Saturday.

2 wingers came on, only one showed any sort of attitude that he wanted to be here (and it pains me to talk positively about Tiffoney).

McLean showed nothing, hardly moved for a ball and the only time he got involved he threw himself to the ground like an idiot.

Anyway. Good riddance.

Bigger question should be asked about why he was brought on when his slithering off to Falkirk has been the worst kept secret in Scottish Football for weeks now.

Don't blame him for leaving after being shunned by the Finnish Fergie despite there being absolutely no flair, pace or creativity in our squad. I don't even blame him for going to Falkirk of all teams to work with a manager who rated him and who's style suits his game.

That being said i sincerely hope he scores the own goal that relegates Falkirk and he gets absolutely hounded by Morton fans every time we play them.

It was reported weeks ago that he might be joining Falkirk in January. Given that he had already put in some half-hearted performances for us, would you be putting him in the team when his mind was already set on joining another club?

He looked good on occasion with the ball at his feet in a bit of space, but I didn't see him work hard for the team.

Apparently we are one of a number of clubs looking at Raith Rovers' Daniel Armstrong, who is out of contract next month.

Others not mentioned in the tweet are F*lk*rk and Dundee United.

https://twitter.com/TscoAgen/status/1077195059802578946

Anyone know to embed tweets? I get a load of code s*** when I try it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Obvious s***e is obvious.

Indeed.

I'd be surprised if he came anywhere near us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If Low doesn't want to sign for us he should be told to **** off. If he wants to train he can join a gym.

Can one of the happy clapper explain what we gain from having guys like this hanging about every time they want some free training facilities? In the case of ex-players I can see the logic in a limited-time access to the club - if they served us well it's a nice thing to do for them - but if it's someine who although being born in Inverclyde has never shown the slightest interest in Morton, why are we getting him fit to play for a competitor? Why are we letting him hear how JJ is instructing the squad?

These aren't rhetorical questions. I know there are people on here who are fine with this. Do you disagree that the above are disadvantages? Are there advantages I'm not thinking of?

Can we just get guys like Low to fuck in the future?

EOho8Pw.png

Nick Low is a big Morton fan and Morton were looking at Nicky and he was looking to see if a deal could be offered.

I don’t hold it against him if he has been given a better deal elsewhere. Good on him.

Same with McLean, don’t hold anything against him.

I hope JJ has some good players lined up or we are in trouble.

With other clubs starting to do business ahead of January, I really hope that JJ has some irons in the fire, because he needs players and he needs them as early into January as possible. He has no time to be playing the waiting game with the likes of Falkirk and Thistle also needing players in.

Can one of the happy clapper explain what we gain from having guys like this hanging about every time they want some free training facilities? In the case of ex-players I can see the logic in a limited-time access to the club - if they served us well it's a nice thing to do for them - but if it's someine who although being born in Inverclyde has never shown the slightest interest in Morton, why are we getting him fit to play for a competitor? Why are we letting him hear how JJ is instructing the squad?

These aren't rhetorical questions. I know there are people on here who are fine with this. Do you disagree that the above are disadvantages? Are there advantages I'm not thinking of?

Can we just get guys like Low to **** in the future?

He is a big Morton fan and he was just as much on trial with us looking at him as he was just using us for training facilities. Is there anything anywhere to suggest we made an offer that he rejected?

If not then he's basically just a failed trialist, which happens all around the world at every club.

I've no issue with a fan of the club who is a professional footballer keeping fit at Morton anyway. Wouldn't even make my top 50 concerns about us this season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'd be a big fan of a club too if they helped me get a job with one of their competitors.

No, you're right it's not a major concern, but that's three clubs around our level having signed up decent players from a decent level so far. (Harkins, Dixon, Low.) We are slower off the mark. Maybe this will pay off, maybe it won't.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived