Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18

capitanus

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ever happened to McKee? Is he injured or playing for the reserves of La Liga Esc Falkirk with Mark Russell?

You may have seen him coming off bench at Cappielow a few weeks ago, attempting to switch it from in front of the Cowshed and hitting the roof of the main stand. Good wee player though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Gaston MotM for a starring role at centreback - and can't be blamed for the goals obviously.  The rest were appalling, like a bunch of strangers, couldn't string three passes together and ended up shelling the ball long to areas where we had nobody to take advantage.  Utter mince from start to finish.  We miss Chris Millar, and we need a striker - Bob's heroics last week notwithstanding.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

That was abysmal yesterday. Credit to Alloa - Goodwin got his tactics spot on. Iredale was doubled up on and Taggart was constantly showing him onto his right foot. They stopped the ball getting into our midfield and and forced us into punting the ball long. That space between Tumilty and Kilday was exposed at least half a dozen times and nothing was done to change it. That's poor game management when it was plainly obvious what was happening. 

A special shout out to Gary Oliver, who could only be arsed for the first twenty minutes of the first half. I spent most of the off season defending him and wanted to keep him, but I'm rapidly losing patience with him. MacLean playing centrally while Charlie Telfer warms the bench is a ludicrous decision too. When we're looking towards Scott f***ing Tiffoney to change the game then we're as well chucking it altogether. The second penalty came because he lacks the technical ability to play a 7 yard f***ing pass. I still think it might be worth persisting with Robert Thomson but we need to start utilising him properly, chucking him on and shelling the ball vaguely in his direction isn't good enough. If we're going to try and use him as a target man until Johnstone comes back then we're going to struggle. 

We need better defenders. Individually, Waddell and Buchanan are absolutely fine, Tumilty needs to add consistency to his game. Kilday either needs to improve dramatically or we should be looking for a replacement as he's been absolutely s***e this season. 

A frustrating afternoon that reminds us just how much of an unknown quantity Johansson is. Goodwin had his number yesterday and got his reward for it. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

You may have seen him coming off bench at Cappielow a few weeks ago, attempting to switch it from in front of the Cowshed and hitting the roof of the main stand. Good wee player though.

Favourite good wee player moment 👍🏻

We did aye, I enjoyed your company that day and maybe I still would because this is the internet and in person you're probably not like the persona you've constructed on here. This does not change the fact that your attention seeking behaviour on here is a***holey, and you are well beyond just having a difference of opinion about players.

You are actively revelling in things going badly for Morton and hoping certain players are **** to suit your agenda rather than simply pointing out that you don't rate certain players or giving an honest appraisal of the manager, board or whoever. I have a reputation for being overly negative but any negativity on my part is based on wanting Morton to improve; there is no doubt that your criticisms are well into actively celebrating things going wrong. It probably is just an act to get attention - congratulations, you've got your reaction - but to give just one example you absolutely love Gary Oliver having a bad game rather than just stating that he's not good enough from a position of wanting him to succeed.

Surprised and disappointed. Do keep in mind a football forum isn't a serious thing... football isn't a serious thing. Of course I'm not the same in real-life as I am on here, you've met me.  

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I'd love it if Oliver went on a scoring streak and proved me totally wrong, and I celebrated as much as anyone when he equalised against Partick a few days later. So, no... I don't take any pleasure in any Morton player having a bad game. 

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Surprised and disappointed. Do keep in mind a football forum isn't a serious thing... football isn't a serious thing. Of course I'm not the same in real-life as I am on here, you've met me.  

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I'd love it if Oliver went on a scoring streak and proved me totally wrong, and I celebrated as much as anyone when he equalised against Partick a few days later. So, no... I don't take any pleasure in any Morton player having a bad game. 

Sounds like a keyboard warrior to me. 

Every time i hearJJ talk after the match he's excellent at pointing out where things went wrong so he clearly has a good understanding of the game. I get the feeling he would be an excellent coach but he really seems to be struggling to get the players to follow his instructions. 

I'd be intrigued to see what sort of team and tactics he would play if he had his own players rather than what he's been left with, but results like the Ayr, Ross County and Alloa games might not allow him that opportunity.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Every time i hearJJ talk after the match he's excellent at pointing out where things went wrong so he clearly has a good understanding of the game. I get the feeling he would be an excellent coach but he really seems to be struggling to get the players to follow his instructions.

I'd be intrigued to see what sort of team and tactics he would play if he had his own players rather than what he's been left with, but results like the Ayr, Ross County and Alloa games might not allow him that opportunity.

Unless we go on a catastrophic run and end up in the bottom two, I don't see why he won't be given the Jan transfer window and then the summer.

As long as we are mid-table or at least well clear of 9th I don't see JJ going anywhere.

If he keeps picking up points sporadically, the way he has been, then he will probably be here for the start of next season, with his own team in place.

I'm not saying that means we are definetly going to be better, as the jury is still out on JJ I feel, but at least there will be no excuses if the team keeps being so inconsistent.

I thought the team just looked pretty flat and not up for it on Saturday. It's tough for a manager to compensate for that so hopefully with one or two signings he'll be fine.

In nearly every game under Johansson the team has looked individually and collectively like they've no idea what they're meant to be doing. As enjoyable as it was to watch, the first 20 minutes against Partick were a much truer reflection of what his team is like than the mauling of rubbish defence so it's not really surprising that you're not getting blood and guts performances. If players don't know their roles and aren't being prepared properly then it's inevitable they won't be firing on all cylinders, that's just how it always goes.

When you look at the Dunfermline, Ayr, Falkirk and Partick games at home, you can see that we've started really poorly but to one degree or other got better later on, which pretty much always coincides with Tidser becoming more influential. We only seem to develop any kind of cohesion once thesenior players are able get a grip on unprepared team, which really doesn't reflect well on what the manager's doing during the week. 

AWMSC

I think one of the main issues on Saturday and in the early stages against Thistle was that our 5-3-2 felt like we were playing with a man down. The back 5 has not been dynamic enough to make up for that. Against Thistle we figured out that long balls up against their back line were causing havoc, but that didn't work against Alloa. We didn't seem to have the options to do anything else.

Perhaps it's just down to being early days with the system, there were moments when Buchanan seemed to understand the added facets of his role, but more often than not this ended with a long ball to no-one (and a couple of times straight out for a goal kick). He has to be braver like he was when he played McAlister in, and understand that we can still have a back four when he does this.

Intensity at the start had been an issue, but I think the personnel we have are more likely to work their way into a game than come out really quickly. I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with a narrow midfield when everyone is fit, or stick with the 5-3-2 if the players can understand how to play those roles (and were not being left with effectively a 5-2-3 like on Saturday).

Archived