Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18

capitanus

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance to solidify a play off place we lose at home to Alloa. The 2nd penalty was a joke but they missed 2 sitters.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I thought the 2nd was a foul after Tumilty got caught woefully short tracking back like he has all season, questions whether it was in the box or not but that was the least of our worries today.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Let's not let a debate over the penalty decision cloud what was an atrocious performance and result.

Attitude from the team was disgraceful and it's the 3rd truly embarrassing result in 9 games under JJ.

Are we back to JJ being a dud again then?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The second penalty was not a foul, was outside the box, and came a minute after we had a stonewaller denied. None of that changes the facts that Alloa were comfortably the better team today, Johansson got absolutely schooled by Goodwin from start to finish and if anything 2-0 flattered us.

If it wasn't for Gaston making two excellent saves that would be 4-0. The shambolic defensive performance and chronic lack of imagination in possession should be the focus here, and talking about the referee only lets Johansson off the hook. The jury is still out on whether he's actually a manager.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Absolutely awful. We were so poor it was unreal. Alloa came to defend and hit us on the break and it worked. They should have been 2 up before the penalty. Not one player gets passmarks. Embarrassing.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The first sub was a massive error. Oliver never picked up any of the defensive midfield duties and it left the back 3/5 exposed to be ran at. And as we've already seen a few times this season, the defence cannot cope with any pressure. It essentially left us 5-2-3 with 3 forwards who were doing nothing.

And when we changed it to a 4-4-2 which was more like a 4-2-4, and we know what Buchanan and Tumilty are like with players running at them.

Not impressed by JJ's decisions today.

The second penalty was not a foul, was outside the box, and came a minute after we had a stonewaller denied. None of that changes the facts that Alloa were comfortably the better team today, Johansson got absolutely schooled by Goodwin from start to finish and if anything 2-0 flattered us.

If it wasn't for Gaston making two excellent saves that would be 4-0. The shambolic defensive performance and chronic lack of imagination in possession should be the focus here, and talking about the referee only lets Johansson off the hook. The jury is still out on whether he's actually a manager.

Well regardless of how bad we were that first paragraph says the referee actually done us out of a jammy point. That is disappointing. If you get out of that having been crap with a draw you write it off and look to be better the next week.

I know we were bad. The ref still fucked us.

onsP5NR.jpg

Didn't think our one was a penalty either. Mchugh fell over with minimal contact from my view. Happy to be proven wrong with video evidence on both ours and their 2nd penalties.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Didn't think our one was a penalty either. Mchugh fell over with minimal contact from my view. Happy to be proven wrong with video evidence on both ours and their 2nd penalties.

Wrong incident. Tiffoney right before their pen.

onsP5NR.jpg

Wrong incident. Tiffoney right before their pen.

Oh aye. Yeah that one was a penalty for me. Can't bring myself to care enough about it given that sham of a performance though.

32.gif

Are we back to JJ being a dud again then?

Jury was still out but some hopeful signs of progress had been made. Much of that undone by today's performance.

Away to top of the league next week. It's only little Ayr but with the run they have been on, expectations wouldn't have been overly high and a competitive performance would have been OK.

After today. Huge pressure on next week now. Not good when they have already smashed us twice this season.

Jury was still out but some hopeful signs of progress had been made. Much of that undone by today's performance.

Away to top of the league next week. It's only little Ayr but with the run they have been on, expectations wouldn't have been overly high and a competitive performance would have been OK.

After today. Huge pressure on next week now. Not good when they have already smashed us twice this season.

There's not massive pressure on next week at all. We're picking up enough points to avoid being in bother before the transfer window and that's as much as we can expect.

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived