Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18

capitanus

I actually thought McLean was alright, considering. But as a whole that was a fackin' disgrace. Oliver was poor but now that I think of it, it's not worth picking over the individual performances, it was just awful throughout and although we had a couple of good chances, for the most part we were well up against it and a stronger team than Alloa would have absolutely mullered us.

It's not about whether McLean played well or not; it's the fact that he is equipped to do an entirely different job in the team to what you'd get from Telfer. If you're looking for reasons as to why the team played like a disjointed rabble then that illogical swap has to be up there. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't actually think Buchanan and Waddell had bad games for the most part. They were left out to dry by Kilday and Tumilty second half allowing alloa to constantly get in down our righthand side meaning they had the freedom of cappielow to cross the ball in.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

For Alloa's second penalty the foul was outside the box & we should've had a pen when their keeper clattered into Tiff right before that.

If our goal that got chopped off was a foul on their keeper, then surely their keeper taking out Tiff is a foul too?

Alloa set out to frustrate us and they did so very well. At times they looked like a 4-6-0 today. They had obvs watched Iredale last week aswell, as he was shown inside all game by Taggart.

Thought the ref got some of the big decisions wrong and credit to Alloa as their gameplan worked out perfectly for them.

That being said, we were very poor too.

Alot of sloppy passing on top of not being able to break down/through Alloas formation. Which then resorts us to long balls into McHugh and Oliver who both want it to feet.

Piss poor.

I don’t understand why he played McLean in the midfield. And the substitutions were equally baffling. We were crying out all day for a third midfielder. Seemed so obvious to everyone in the Shed.

I worry about this appointment. I wonder what Peter Houston made of it. He couldn’t have done much assisting today.

I would place a wager on a new manager coming in next season. This gamble is not showing any signs of it being something we can build on and ongoing considency.

Some of the games have been horrifying under JJ.

Kilday should never have been retained and Oliver is just not a 10-15 a season striker.

Oliver was never signed as ‘a 10-15 season striker’; I reckon Zhivago wants royalties on that shan argument.

The issues that people should have with Oliver are i) he decides if he can be arsed pressing or not on a weekly basis - when he wants to it’s effective, too often he looks disinterested - and ii) he simply doesn’t create enough to justify a starting position in the team. As a different option from the bench he’d be useful enough - as would McHugh - but we’re playing those squad options on a weekly basis and are a shan outfit as a result.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I would place a wager on a new manager coming in next season. This gamble is not showing any signs of it being something we can build on and ongoing considency.

But if we appoint a manager to his first job we need to give him some time to find his feet. I agree that some of the results have been appalling but to date we have bounced back.

The squad that the rat left us lacks balance and we need more options up front.

I sincerely hope you lose your wager and that JJ comes good.

I reckon you’d easily lose that gamble. There is little serious pressure of relegation in this campaign, while failing to reach the playoffs would at least have the partial excuse of King Snake’s antics derailing fully one third of the campaign.

Some good managers are effective coaches while others show their worth in the transfer market. Unless we go back to five goal shoeings then I don’t see why the manager won’t get the chance to build his own squad in the market as well. The jury’s certainly out on whether that’ll be an improvement, but I can’t see the club changing manager again unless a truly dire situation develops; sitting a comfortable 5th in the Championship really isn’t that.

JJ isn't very good.  3 of our poorest (most embarrassing) performances in years have come within the last 6 weeks, with our novice manager in charge... worrying. 

Noticed some criticism for Gary Oliver - dangerous ground that! He's technically a very good player (apparently), with a respectable goals return over his career (apparently), for a player that clearly isn't a striker (apparently).

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

JJ isn't very good.  3 of our poorest (most embarrassing) performances in years have come within the last 6 weeks, with our novice manager in charge... worrying. 

Noticed some criticism for Gary Oliver - dangerous ground that! He's technically a very good player (apparently), with a respectable goals return over his career (apparently), for a player that clearly isn't a striker (apparently).

I reckon you get a semi every time Morton get beat.

*insert signature here*

People who like it when Morton lose should be banned. Off you fuck now.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Only thing which annoyed me was my own failure to get to a bookies and stick money on that result. As many have said on the thread - we’ve seen this all too often before. Mate in the pub beforehand mentioned the year when we had a strong run which drew the crowds in to see a poor Dumbarton side stick three past us at Scapa at new year.

The ball was like a hot spud when we had it - no one taking responsibility (except Buchanan when he made a couple of forward runs). Was in the air far too often as well. Alloa wanted that more and knew how to defend. They sussed that Kilday was not at the races and kept attacking his side.

I thought both penalties were stick-ons but others have said that it was outside the box. Need to see it again - if you are pulling when outside and keep doing so once inside the box then it’s a penalty.

MotM was the tannoy for “back to life, back to reality” at FT.

Need to get it all sorted by next week or we could get our arses felt again.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

People who like it when Morton lose should be banned. Off you **** now.

Ehm... supported Morton since I was a kid, why on earth would I like it when Morton lose? Daft comment.

We're a bit of a mess right now, and like many others I have huge doubts whether JJ has the ability to get the best out of what isn't a particularly good squad of players.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

JJ isn't very good. 3 of our poorest (most embarrassing) performances in years have come within the last 6 weeks, with our novice manager in charge... worrying.

You're almost as much of an a***hole as Scott Tiffoney and have even less to contribute.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You're almost as much of an arsehole as Scott Tiffoney and have even less to contribute.

Stay classy. Hmm... maybe getting mixed up with who you are. Always thought we'd played together in the Peter Weatherson 7's thing, but the guy I thought was 'Dunning' was a decent wee guy.

And your comment above is based on a fellow fan questioning the ability of our manager, and one of our players... catch a grip.

Stay classy. Hmm... maybe getting mixed up with who you are. Always thought we'd played together in the Peter Weatherson 7's thing, but the guy I thought was 'Dunning' was a decent wee guy.

And your comment above is based on a fellow fan questioning the ability of our manager, and one of our players... catch a grip.

It’s not based on a fellow fan questioning the ability of the manager and a player though- it’s based on an attention seeking f*ckwit whose purpose for being on here is to play the victim and glory in Morton’s failings whenever the opportunity arises.

Rather than condemning those who you previously thought were alright, perhaps you should be looking at why they’re also abusive towards you. Perhaps it’s not just the likes of myself and vT that are the problem and you’re the common denominator here?

We did aye, I enjoyed your company that day and maybe I still would because this is the internet and in person you're probably not like the persona you've constructed on here. This does not change the fact that your attention seeking behaviour on here is a***holey, and you are well beyond just having a difference of opinion about players.

You are actively revelling in things going badly for Morton and hoping certain players are **** to suit your agenda rather than simply pointing out that you don't rate certain players or giving an honest appraisal of the manager, board or whoever. I have a reputation for being overly negative but any negativity on my part is based on wanting Morton to improve; there is no doubt that your criticisms are well into actively celebrating things going wrong. It probably is just an act to get attention - congratulations, you've got your reaction - but to give just one example you absolutely love Gary Oliver having a bad game rather than just stating that he's not good enough from a position of wanting him to succeed.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived