Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18

capitanus

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to today, you could say there was a definite element of Aberdeen about us under Johansson. Eight games, three wins, three draws, two defeats. Two of the three wins against sides in the bottom three, the three draws against other mid table sides, the two defeats against the top two. Even with the concerning manner of the defeats you could argue we were basically performing to par for an average side, Johansson was just finding his feet, etc.

While it's just one game so we shouldn't overreact which I know I'm prone to doing, after today it looks a lot more like we've had one smash and grab win, two wins against the two shambolic outfits in the division at home - one of which came against 10 men - and otherwise we're just flailing about hoping for the best. You think we've turned the corner with the switch to 5-3-2/3-5-2 then we come up against a manager who actually sets up to exploit the weaknesses of it and we fall to bits, with Johansson's answer being to put a tall centre forward on and leave the midfield wide open defensively. He does not know how to respond to games going against us and alarm bells are ringing.

We have enough about us with players like Tidser and Millar that we're always going to win every so often so we should have more than enough to stay clear of danger - we were fourth going into today for **** sake - but the worry that the gamble on Johansson just isn't going to pay off isn't going away.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You don’t need a coaching badge from Largs to see that formation wasn’t working and wasn’t going to work. It should have been changed at half time to a back 4. The midfield was overrun, so we should have engaged them higher and wider up the park. Instead we stayed in a shape that progressively fell apart around itself.

The manager cost us that game, no question.

Too many players in that team expecting someone else to win us the game.

The fact I'm forced to go see pish like that thanks to my season card reminds me exactly why I've never had one before and won't ever have one again.

No ones forcing you to go.

Absolute shite today!

Jim Goodwin pissed all over JJ.

The jury is out on this guy and if he is a manager. That was a game we should have won and one step forward and two back is unacceptable. We have been on the receiving end of some hunpings under the flying Finn and today was an embarrassment.

If we have any ambition to be in the playoff, which I do not see, then games like today should be easy pickings.

Atrocious.

Shocking display. Got what we deserved. Only Gaston gets pass marks.

Referee poor too.

Would have to see the penalties again but thought we should have had one, maybe two and that their second was very questionable.

Looking at other results crap day all round .

While I think JJ cost us today, it shouldn't let our defence off the hook. We're playing a back 5 as we need an extra player back there because no combination of 4 worked. There's no excuse for conceding a penalty for the first from that position. It says it all when we need a way off form Kilday to cover for the deficiencies of Tumilty and Buchanan.

For 5 at the back to work properly we need more from the wing backs and a centre half who is actually capable of stepping up with the ball (Buchanan broke out of the back once to good effect - more of that is needed to break down defensive teams).

Tunilty has been a poor signing. I wasn’t a fan of Doyle but Christ he is better than this guy!

The problem is Tumilty looks a capable player but is never a defender in his life.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The squad is totally imbalanced and the full backs signed by McKinnon are no good.

Also, we have signed a bunch of injury prone players who are not contributing on a week by week basis as multiple set backs - Telfer, Denny, Millar and likely the reason they signed for Morton.

Duffy’s back four was head and shoulders better than this 3,4 or 5 we play.

Nothing up front and our best player is one that James Grady introduced to the club. We should build around Tidser...if we can keep him.

Duffy’s back four was head and shoulders better than this 3,4 or 5 we play.

Why did they end up finishing 7th in an absolutely stinking division last season then? Be very specific 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's one thing to be mediocre every week and deliver results via predictable shanfests; it's something else to lurch from the sublime to the ridiculous on a weekly basis as this current team does. What worries me is that the manager 'replaced' Telfer with McLean in the starting line-up today, despite the fact that they're two entirely different type of players. When you're not making like for like changes then it shouldn't be a surprise if you don't deliver the same level of performance. 

The league campaign overall is not actually looking bad. It has also been more than two months since the world's most incompetent 'caretaker' duo decided to throw a clearly unfit Denny Johnstone in from the start at Firhill - presumably to bolster their chances of landing the job permanently with a win as no other logical explanation is available. What exactly is his current injury status? So long as we're relying on the likes of McHugh and Oliver to deliver then we're going to see countless versions of today's toothless, shan nonsense.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tumilty is horrendous when someone is running at him. The weak link in the back line along with Kilday who was yet again very very poor today. That was the most worrying performance I’ve seen this season - players didn’t seem overly bothered from that start!

I actually thought McLean was alright, considering. But as a whole that was a fackin' disgrace. Oliver was poor but now that I think of it, it's not worth picking over the individual performances, it was just awful throughout and although we had a couple of good chances, for the most part we were well up against it and a stronger team than Alloa would have absolutely mullered us.

EOho8Pw.png

I actually thought McLean was alright, considering. But as a whole that was a fackin' disgrace. Oliver was poor but now that I think of it, it's not worth picking over the individual performances, it was just awful throughout and although we had a couple of good chances, for the most part we were well up against it and a stronger team than Alloa would have absolutely mullered us.

Agree with most of that. Really strange that Jonathan in his match report names Oliver as our MotM.

If we have to name someone it can only be Gaston.

Archived