Greenock Morton v Snake Mountain/The Cappielow Riot Part II - 20 October 2018 - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Morton v Snake Mountain/The Cappielow Riot Part II - 20 October 2018

K K Kelbie

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look let's all get real for a minute. There's no doubt something triggered McKinnon to jump ship and it's about time we got our head out the sand and accepted that.

Money? Being an egotistical wanker? Closer to home?

Easdale ain’t even been on bench. We had an academy graduate on the bench yesterday.

Look let's all get real for a minute. There's no doubt something triggered McKinnon to jump ship and it's about time we got our head out the sand and accepted that.

Money? Being an egotistical w*nker? Closer to home?

Easdale ain’t even been on bench. We had an academy graduate on the bench yesterday.

I'm with Malt on this. Like it or not, Falkirk are a bigger club and a more attractive job.

EOho8Pw.png

He was offered a two year deal with Falkirk also.

The guy is a complete cunt.

They can’t be pushing that hard for Zander to play cause we have fuck all up front and Purdue? Has made it into the squad before he has even had a sniff.

Talk of Goodwillie also is a pile of shite in my eyes.

Rat McKinnon is, was and always will be a wanker who thinks he is better than Morton. Good luck in League one dick.

Well obviously something:

More money?

Less traveling?

'Purely a footballing decision'.. quote?

Or something else?

It's not a case of heads in the sand, it's the manner and timing of his going.

He treated the club, players and fans in a shameful and disrespectful manner and even if he now comes out with some real or concocted reason it changes nothing.

Training, team photos all going really well and a few hours later paraded as the manager of a rival team and just hours before an important match.

For whatever reason, he was involved with Falkirk in an entirely dishonest and duplicitous chain of events and clearly lied then about what was going on.

All of that is 'getting real' about what we know happened and is enough to justify all of the treatment he is getting now and will get in future.

Well obviously something:

More money?

Less traveling?

'Purely a footballing decision'.. quote?

Or something else?

It's not a case of heads in the sand, it's the manner and timing of his going.

He treated the club, players and fans in a shameful and disrespectful manner and even if he now comes out with some real or concocted reason it changes nothing.

Training, team photos all going really well and a few hours later paraded a the manager of a rival team and just before an important match.

For whatever reason he was involved with Falkirk in an entirely dishonest and duplicitous chain of events and clearly lied then about what was going on.

All of that is 'getting real' about what we know happened and is enough to justify all of the treatment he is getting now and will get in future.

Aye, leaving and not saying a word isn't on regardless of his reason. He could have resigned on the Saturday after our game and said bye to the players.

Aye, leaving and not saying a word isn't on regardless of his reason. He could have resigned on the Saturday after our game and said bye to the players.

I think the biggest crime is posing for the squad picture, knowing you are in dialogue with another club, and telling players ‘see you tomorrow lads’

If there was this massive bombshell that was apparently going to chance everything, wouldn't you expect the players - many of whom were brought to Cappielow by McKinnon and are on one-year deals, so hardly beholden to Morton for life - to offer him support or at least not to be so visually delighted at yesterday's hounding?

EOho8Pw.png

I think the biggest crime is posing for the squad picture, knowing you are in dialogue with another club, and telling players ‘see you tomorrow lads’

The bit that really annoys me is inviting the office staff in to the pictures and looking Jonathan in the eye for the YouTube interview, acting as if everything was normal whilst knowing fine well what he was up to. Horrible bastard.

AWMSC

The bit that really annoys me is inviting the office staff in to the pictures and looking Jonathan in the eye for the YouTube interview, acting as if everything was normal whilst knowing fine well what he was up to. Horrible bastard.

Agreed. If he was a bit more honest and upfront I'd have a bit more respect for him. As he didn't he's a rat bastard.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

There’s definitely pressure to get Easdale in the development/reserve squad. But like others have said, he could have easily been slipped onto the bench with the other ringers if that was the agenda.

The players reactions said it all yesterday, McKnnon snaked us big time and they hate him for it.

McKinnon was treated well at the club.

Offered a role and backing from the board.

Allowed to bring assistant and sports scientist in.

Got all transfer targets bar one which was out with our control.

Company Car supplied by our owners in waiting.

Decent salary I imagine.

Rolling contract which guaranteed him a 12 month severance if dismissed.

Opportunity to rebuild his reputation which he has subsequently fucked for being a snake.

Chance to take Morton to take Morton to the premier league as part of three year plan.

The reprobate had it good!

The first half yesterday was very poor, very pedestrian. I haven’t been a fan of what I’ve seen under JJ so far and already have some doubts about him - but it’s still early, not writing him off like some folk. The second half was better, and there was an intensity to our play that’s been missing for a wee while now. You could see the players were really determined to get one over on that mob and it showed in their celebrations. The sending off obviously aided us but I’ve seen us bottle it against 10 men enough times to know it was far from a given at that point.

The atmosphere (whilst it vanished at times to due hee haw happening on the park) was terrific when it really got going. Banners and snakes would’ve been nice as well but the stewards/Morton are killjoys.

Just on McKinnon. Fuck him. He’s enough of a complete phallus to hint at there being bigger reasons for his departure than him being a money-grabbing, disloyal serpent. I hope yesterday was the first of 12 points taken against those cunts and I fully support the rolling over to Alloa proposal to send them to the seaside leagues where they belong.

TL:dr - Get it right fucking up them.

McKinnon was treated well at the club.

Offered a role and backing from the board.

Allowed to bring assistant and sports scientist in.

Got all transfer targets bar one which was out with our control.

Company Car supplied by our owners in waiting.

Decent salary I imagine.

Rolling contract which guaranteed him a 12 month severance if dismissed.

Opportunity to rebuild his reputation which he has subsequently ****ed for being a snake.

Chance to take Morton to take Morton to the premier league as part of three year plan.

The reprobate had it good!

You appear well informed.

Run that plan past us again please.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

You appear well informed.

Run that plan past us again please.

There was a three year plan in place with that being the goal. McKinnon spoke of it , Crawford spoke of it. He got Morton up and his stock would have been all time high.

Instead....he left for bottom

If the league. Poor lamb.

There was a three year plan in place with that being the goal. McKinnon spoke of it , Crawford spoke of it. He got Morton up and his stock would have been all time high.

Instead....he left for bottom

If the league. Poor lamb.

But what was the plan?

Win more games than everybody else?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived