Morton V Ayr - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Ayr

Madton

On such a high tonight. I really like this Morton team.

This is easily the most likeable Morton setup in my time supporting the club. When you think of some of the charlatans from say, 2003-04, it's like night and day. Any of them who move onto bigger things (or even smaller things), I'll wish well.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My man of tha match was Oliver. Scored the winner and hold up play was superb in the second half. Just shaded it from Lindsay.

On such a high tonight. I really like this Morton team.

Feeling that way myself. It's great to see a team who work hard and fight for everything. Great representatives for the club and the fans.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Well said. I think a fair few of them have futures in the game.

Generally, we don't seem as reliant on the loanees this year. And another difference is that was always checking the scores of the teams below us last year. This year it's the ones above. I think we can make the play-offs.

Mon eh Ton.

Enjoyed that today (well, after the disallowed goal anyway). Been a while since we had an atmosphere like that for a standard league game.

Great to see Scullion playing a part as well, hopefully see more of him before his next 6 month contract.

5th goal of the season today for O'Ware according to fitbastats.com - he's probably worth having in the starting 11 for his goal scoring alone.

My man. Aye, I've said before O'Ware must bring more goals to the team than any other centre half in the country I can think of. A superb contribution from a player who came through the ranks with us.

And naw, Jai was never offside. Linesman is a fanny.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

You're not Ed, Bing.

Such a compliment nacho, I must haunt your dreams :eek: 

I thought the ayr fan coming up and shouting in the stand after the first goal was hilarious, especially given the fact he looked about 40!! Its good to know were not the only club affected by the clown epidemic.

Looked a bit short of ideas in the first half, but deserved that in the end. Great spirit from the team. Hopefully another 3 points on Tuesday and were on a roll.

Murdoch was the star man for me and scullion was good when he came on, as usual

And finally, nae luck boo boys, good guys win again :P

Can't understand how the linesman could give that decision. As far as I could see not one Ayr player appealed. Absolute shocker - spurred us on though.

Said it last week, big Tam has come along way since that night at Firhill. He's having a great season and was unlucky not to score 2 goals today.

Such a compliment nacho, I must haunt your dreams :eek:

I thought the ayr fan coming up and shouting in the stand after the first goal was hilarious, especially given the fact he looked about 40!! Its good to know were not the only club affected by the clown epidemic.

Looked a bit short of ideas in the first half, but deserved that in the end. Great spirit from the team. Hopefully another 3 points on Tuesday and were on a roll.

Murdoch was the star man for me and scullion was good when he came on, as usual

And finally, nae luck boo boys, good guys win again :P

*we're

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Not a great first half but the second half made up for it. The lamie tackle changed the game. The goal chopped off pushed us on great atmosphere in the shed and the hounding that we cunt took after our goals superb. Motm for me was mark russell.

Love the thought process that led an obvious alias to bring out his 'Bing' account to shut down claims of being an alias.

Sums up the absolute disaster they've had on this thread.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Can't understand how the linesman could give that decision. As far as I could see not one Ayr player appealed. Absolute shocker - spurred us on though.

Said it last week, big Tam has come along way since that night at Firhill. He's having a great season and was unlucky not to score 2 goals today.

It's not so much how he could've given it that got to me. From the tontastic and Facebook videos there's certainly a case for offside, albeit inconclusive. What gets on my tits is that this was an official who wouldn't even flag for the direction a throw in was to be awarded until the referee made his decision for him before he decided that he was going to play a major role in the game.

Up until that point, he contributed as much to the game as I did. Why was he so reluctant to make decisions over incidents that happened directly in front of him all afternoon before finally deciding to make his mark?

Even if Jai was in an offside position, it's far less clean cut a decision than last weekend and could go either way, but the main issue IMHO is the disgraceful lack of consistency from the linesman.

And actually how could the linesman tell if Quitongo was interfering? He can make the ref aware that Quitongo was offside but only the ref (of all the officials) can make the call that he was interfering.

It was actually the refs fault. He should have waved him away.

Why did you find it necessary to reply then?

Another thread ruined by irrelevant drivel. You are the Jim Goodwin of the message board, creating nothing and kicking out at everyone. Get a life ffs.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It's not so much how he could've given it that got to me. From the tontastic and Facebook videos there's certainly a case for offside, albeit inconclusive. What gets on my tits is that this was an official who wouldn't even flag for the direction a throw in was to be awarded until the referee made his decision for him before he decided that he was going to play a major role in the game.

Up until that point, he contributed as much to the game as I did. Why was he so reluctant to make decisions over incidents that happened directly in front of him all afternoon before finally deciding to make his mark?

Even if Jai was in an offside position, it's far less clean cut a decision than last weekend and could go either way, but the main issue IMHO is the disgraceful lack of consistency from the linesman.

This.

The linesman was already getting abuse for doing absolutely nothing of note, refusing to make decisions - then he decides to grow a pair and get involved in that one? Inconsistent, incompetent idiot.

The fact that nobody was even appealing for anything makes it all the more bizarre that the linesman stuck his neck out in this instance.

There is no way that Jai interfered with play there. That ball was flying into the corner no matter what - he didn't block the view of the goalkeeper, he didn't make a move for the ball, the goalkeeper wasn't put off his dive for the ball.

As pointed out, this was a linesman who couldn't even figure out who should be getting the throw-ins up till that point. The ref should have been watching and been able to tell the linesman that this wasnt the moment to finally remember that he could actually make decisions.

Being able to hound the linesman to within an inch of his life was worth it in the end tbh. Now that we know the frankly inevitable outcome.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived