Morton V Ayr - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Ayr

Madton

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver was well onside for the winning goal: they pressed very high but the two right-sided defenders sat a few yards too deep and Scullion did very well to punish them for it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He done well to win the corner that resulted in our equaliser.

Having now seen this, I'll take that as an off day anytime. He barely had the right to win that ball, but not only did it, but took it to the by-line, skinned his man, got into the box, and then won a corner. He's going to be a huge miss. I can't believe I didn't rate him at first, he's first-rate.

Anyway, disallowed goal looked correct to me, Jai seemed to duck to avoid the ball (correct decision from him, not a criticism), Tam caught napping at their goal but more than redeemed himself with his bullet header for the goal and a couple of started moves, and overall a good three points.

EOho8Pw.png

The "committee " always wins. BOOOOOOOOO

Whereas Rangers lost their battle to survive: GIUY.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

First time I've seen the disallowed goal and I have to admit it was the correct decision.

Have to agree. No Ayr players seemed to appeal for it but Jai is just off, and he obviously ducks out the way so I can see why it's been called. Cracking volley from Nesbitt aswell, think he needs a goal to get him a bit of confidence and he'll really come on for us. Tuesday night will do nicely for his first!

Jon Scullion's glorious, first-time pass should be mixed alongside 'Somerset Boab's Hampden Anthem' between now and when they can ever actually lift a finger to us.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maEihTkcqPo

So never, then.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

First time I've seen the disallowed goal and I have to admit it was the correct decision.

Have to agree. No Ayr players seemed to appeal for it but Jai is just off, and he obviously ducks out the way so I can see why it's been called. Cracking volley from Nesbitt aswell, think he needs a goal to get him a bit of confidence and he'll really come on for us. Tuesday night will do nicely for his first!

I always thought that it was only offside if the player moved towards the ball and makes an attempt to play it? You see it all the time when an offside player is running through on goal and but is actually only flagged offside when he goes to play the ball. With that in mind - Jai actually ducks out the way of the ball which means he makes no attempt to play it.

I always thought that it was only offside if the player moved towards the ball and makes an attempt to play it? You see it all the time when an offside player is running through on goal and but is actually only flagged offside when he goes to play the ball. With that in mind - Jai actually ducks out the way of the ball which means he makes no attempt to play it.

Unless you're Morton.

Rowan Alexander once scored a screamer at Fit Park from the corner of the "D" in the last minute of a League Cup tie.

Referee Dougie Hopeless and his linesman managed to find someone standing somewhere that might have put the keeper off his fruitless dive towards the postage stamp.

I thought McGraw was going to lamp then with his sticks when he marched towards them at FT.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived