Squad For Next Season. - Page 226 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

I don't see what will have changed in terms of wages though. He clearly went there for financial reasons, why would we suddenly offer him more?

If O'Ware's agent is to be believed then he'll be attracting significant transfer offers in the summer. Take a cut of the fee as a sign-on and use the wages freed up as well to make an offer that Sir Gavin can't refuse. Then we can finally play both Bonuccis in the team and concede approximately twelve league goals next season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gavin Gunning released by Grimsby. Bring him home.

Did he not sign a 2 year deal with them? Iv just discovered his middle name is Jude, im not sure I want him back now

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Did he not sign a 2 year deal with them? Iv just discovered his middle name is Jude, im not sure I want him back now

Only 6 months. The manager that signed him said he wanted him for next season but he's since been punted and the new manager doesn't rate him. 

Thomas Orr, John Mitchell and Alex McWaters let go by the club. Mitchell is a surprising one, he has apparently been outstanding for the reserves.

I thought Orr was also in and around the first team bench. Oh well, good luck to them.

EOho8Pw.png

Orr never looked up to it any time he got a game for us.  I've never seen Mitchell play but I'm sure he was getting a lot of praise for his performances so that is surprising. 

Would Mitchell get a game ahead of Gunning next season?

Totally expect O'Ware to be gone in the summer. Surely someone will fancy taking a chance on him? Any scouts watching the first half last night could have left at half time raving about a superstar.

Gunning back would be unreal. Can't see it but daring to dream.

Totally expect O'Ware to be gone in the summer. Surely someone will fancy taking a chance on him? Any scouts watching the first half last night could have left at half time raving about a superstar.

Gunning back would be unreal. Can't see it but daring to dream.

It's a tough one for the club. Tam is under contract until the end of next season. Morton won't want to stand in his way too much but at the same time if this sustainability thing is going to work we need to play hardball to a certain extent.

But this is assuming that anyone comes in for him at all.

EOho8Pw.png

It's a tough one for the club. Tam is under contract until the end of next season. Morton won't want to stand in his way too much but at the same time if this sustainability thing is going to work we need to play hardball to a certain extent.

But this is assuming that anyone comes in for him at all.

Hopefully Rae doesn't go to the papers and say 50k is enough. If any English side comes in for him, we need to stay firm and demand a decent fee.

Surprised Mitchell has been let go. He was always one of the names mentioned in the development squad and seemed to be highly rated.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived