Squad For Next Season. - Page 224 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

Was it not Strapp who Celtic tried to sign but who chose to stay with us with his mum quoted as saying something along the lines of "If they want to watch him playing then they can watch him playing for Morton"?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it not Strapp who Celtic tried to sign but who chose to stay with us with his mum quoted as saying something along the lines of "If they want to watch him playing then they can watch him playing for Morton"?

They'd invited him up to have a look at him, that's where the quote came from. But yes, it was Strapp, who impressed me against Albion Rovers.

EOho8Pw.png

If they offer anything near the money that Falkirk got plus add ons (including sell on clauses) we should and knowing Dougie we probably will accept it. Just need to make sure it's the right deal for the club and the 2 players.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Bite their hand off.

I'd like to see more of Strapp but Tiffoney's loan spells in the lower leagues haven't been impressive, so I'd certainly accept an offer for him.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd be keen on keeping Strapp as well. Seemed to do quite well at the start of the season despite his age. I'd be happy to see him fill our left-back role if Russell was to leave. Tiffoney looked ok in phases on Saturday but could really do with improving his strength on the ball as he was pushed off it far too easily a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-transfer-rumour-scottish-talent-12898783

Tam offski rumours.

Mentions Celtic, Rangers (and other Scots top flight clubs) as well as the two Birmingham sides.

I imagine McInness will be having a look.

Sad news for us.

I really can't see much truth in the OF rumours tbh.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Wouldn't grudge O'Ware a move to a bigger club. He's been one of our most consistent players over the past 3 seasons and has become and integral part of the team. With the money being thrown about in England it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect a 6 figure sum with add ons.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

If O'Ware gets a big move I'll be surprised but very pleased for him.

I wouldn't in all honesty. He's been pretty consistent since Duffy came in, must've played almost every game under Duffy. Scores a decent amount of goals for a CH and has certainly improved his defensive attributes this season. I think having Gunning in beside him for a couple of months really benefitted Tam.

Archived