Thread About Ex Player - Page 379 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Get the feeling that Hopkin is looking to others to save himself again. Hopefully the new chairman can afford buying into the Hopkin dream of 25 players and 20 backroom flunkeys.

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

You’d imagine Duffy would be pulling his hair out if he had any, working with that self absorbed arsehole. If there was one thing that shone through in his time here it was that he kept everyone onside and had a harmonious atmosphere here.

As soon as McGinty gets caught underneath a ball resulting in a goal, Hopkin will revert to type and go in two footed on their fans for having the temerity to point out that McGinty’s a complete spud. I just can’t imagine Duffy working in that sort of atmosphere.

To me that hints that he's got one foot on the pavement already.

Had heard that the players weren't happy with him after just two or three weeks. They weren't happy with his training sessions or tactics.

7 hours ago, vikingTON said:

We should be changing the badge to get rid of that 'Ltd.' shan nonsense from it for a start. They'll be putting the clubs safety certificate credentials on it next.

The Famous do not need any sort of banner description over the badge: what we need instead is a single, dignified star denoting our ten league titles. 

Sure.  It's not as though we don't come across as totally tinpot already.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

2 hours ago, ChampTon said:

A new badge would be an interesting idea but we could end up doing a Leeds! 

If we are allowed back into the grounds as normal I'd love for a cheaper entry fee than normal for the first home game. Get Life is Life blaring as the players come out too; this is a must. 

Life is life.  Jesus Christ.  That's about as appealing as VTs star brainfart.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

6 hours ago, irnbru said:

We do need some more effort put into drumming up interest in next season though. We're already behind with kit launches, seasons tickets, sponsors and signings (as well as renewal of MCT membership which I'm yet to hear about). 

I get the transition in owenship might stop some of these from happening but getting a bit of publicity around the imminent launch of them wouldn't go amiss. 

We must have been transitioning into new ownership each season for the past 20 years. 

• Downvote 1

I’m not against new club badges but I don’t trust Morton to not make a cunt of it. They’re no cheap either so let’s not be throwing money around on luxuries in the first year of trying out fan ownership.

Live is Life is an absolute anthem though. Na na na na na!

20 minutes ago, Deego said:

I’m not against new club badges but I don’t trust Morton to not make a cunt of it. They’re no cheap either so let’s not be throwing money around on luxuries in the first year of trying out fan ownership.

Live is Life is an absolute anthem though. Na na na na na!

Aye that's fair on the badge front. 

We have been operating like a club of 20/30 years ago, it's vital we start to run the club like it's 2020 and not 1990. Modernising the image of the club is important but not top of the list by any means. 

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

At least we know you're just a poor parody account now. 

I think you must be mistaking me for someone else. I've only had this account. I just seems that I cant criticise the regime current or otherwise. I'm just glad "the managers best friend" isnt a sniper with all the red dots I get from him. 

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Morton’s club badge is beautiful. There are so many things needing changed around the place, but the badge isn’t one of them.

It’s a perfect balance between modern and traditional, having been tarted up a few times down the years.

There’s absolutely no need to change one of the few things they’ve got right. Look at the mess the likes of Arsenal have made of their badge.

Inter are the latest to make a real arse of it. Their badge was excellent and managed to look modern despite the fact the central part was the same as it had been in 1908. They’ve swapped it for something not a million miles away, but absolutely worse.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Inter are the latest to make a real arse of it. Their badge was excellent and managed to look modern despite the fact the central part was the same as it had been in 1908. They’ve swapped it for something not a million miles away, but absolutely worse.

Aye, that effort’s an absolute shambles. Absolutely nothing wrong with their last badge- Juventus, when they changed their badge a few years ago were another.

2 hours ago, Deego said:

Gary Fraser having surgery crowdfunded at Peterhead: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/gary-fraser-peterheadfc

While it is admirable to see players pitching in and helping out at such a tough time for a team-mate, it really is a shambles that football clubs aren't forced to have injury insurance for their players.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child