Thread About Ex Player - Page 374 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Was half-watching the Dundee-Killie game. Killie are still in with a chance but man, they were dreadful. Dundee should have had the game out of sight by the time they pulled one back.

McGowan played the full 90 for Dundee, Kiltie subbed off around the hour mark for Kilmarnock. Declan McDaid came on as a sub for the home side. Wasn't watching closely enough to gauge how well any individuals did.

EOho8Pw.png

Good for him, honestly. Never a Championship 'keeper but if he can make a name for himself at Dumbarton, I'm happy for him.

And honestly, it had to take some self-belief to do what he did. He got punted from Morton for being rubbish, his move in Germany fell through due to COVID, and he had to drop down to part-time football. Then he made his debut at Dumbarton and conceded the most ludicrous own-goal of the Scottish season. To come back from that and win the praise of the fans is actually quite impressive.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

Dougie Imrie moves to Livi.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

9 hours ago, Hej said:

Dumbarton fans seem to like Ramsbottom.

Gluttons for punishment as their spiral into the Lowland League is postponed but in no way abandoned. 

Next season it will be a bunch of Norwegian ringers under their new owners trying to flog the stadium for housing. Ramsbottom is probably the least of their worries now. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Gluttons for punishment as their spiral into the Lowland League is postponed but in no way abandoned. 

Next season it will be a bunch of Norwegian ringers under their new owners trying to flog the stadium for housing. Ramsbottom is probably the least of their worries now. 

Don't know why you are cheerleading a potential demise of our near neighbours, who are a harmless enough bunch who barely measure on any kind of scale.  They know their place, end of.   It's not like they are Harry Dunn's from Ayrshire patronising their many shit amateur outfits, or Partick Thistle, Falkirk or any number of East Coast outfits which grate with you.

It's like wishing harm on a wee old man down the street who keeps himself to himself and doesn't bother anyone.  Get a grip, V.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

2 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Don't know why you are cheerleading a potential demise of our near neighbours, who are a harmless enough bunch who barely measure on any kind of scale.  They know their place, end of.   It's not like they are Harry Dunn's from Ayrshire patronising their many shit amateur outfits, or Partick Thistle, Falkirk or any number of East Coast outfits which grate with you.

It's like wishing harm on a wee old man down the street who keeps himself to himself and doesn't bother anyone.  Get a grip, V.

Agreed. Hands across the water. I've got nothing against Dumbarton at all. 

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

Agreed. Hands across the water. I've got nothing against Dumbarton at all. 

It's an easy to reach away game.  It's like going to bandit country except there aren't any bandits.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

10 hours ago, capitanus said:

I'm not cheerleading it, I'm simply stating facts that they've been passed from one bunch of property developers to another, with an even more sketchy plan for their club. Ramsbottom is the least of their worries, but getting praise from that bunch of permadiddies doesn't make him good.

Now that Campbeltown are going into the league system being 'harmless' is no longer grounds to remain at SPFL level either. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I'm not cheerleading it, I'm simply stating facts that they've been passed from one bunch of property developers to another, with an even more sketchy plan for their club. Ramsbottom is the least of their worries, but getting praise from that bunch of permadiddies doesn't make him good.

Now that Campbeltown are going into the league system being 'harmless' is no longer grounds to remain at SPFL level either. 

He has found his level, and they have found their level too.

Move on.

Next.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

6 minutes ago, capitanus said:

He has found his level, and they have found their level too.

Move on.

Next.

With the Southside Gretna replacing an Angus bumpkin outfit in the league, the only way for them to go is down next season. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

With the Southside Gretna replacing an Angus bumpkin outfit in the league, the only way for them to go is down next season. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

Why not concentrate some your angst on more deserving candidates of your vitriol such as Southside Gretna, or better still, Partick Thistle rather than our insignificant neighbours, who are a kind of pension scheme of sorts for Morton players.  They know their place, end of.

At least your taking it well.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*