Thread About Ex Player - Page 375 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

What an absolute disgrace Brechin are. The last 4 seasons have been shameful. Championship in 2018 to Highland league before the next World Cup has even taken place, it shouldn't be possible. 

Although these silly wee diddy sides coming up through the pyramids with Tuechtar Abramovich's splashing the cash is a worrying pattern. 

Edited by Hej
  • Upvote 1

Brechin and their Chairman have been taking the piss for years. Ken Ferguson just liked parading around the town in his SFA blazer without displaying any ambition or responsibility for seeking to improve Brechin as a football club. About time they got found out albeit I will miss Brechin as an away ground to visit.

4 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Brechin and their Chairman have been taking the piss for years. Ken Ferguson just liked parading around the town in his SFA blazer without displaying any ambition or responsibility for seeking to improve Brechin as a football club. About time they got found out albeit I will miss Brechin as an away ground to visit.

I won't. A pain in the arse to get to by train, despite their daft wee village having a train station, and their stewards are arseholes.

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Just now, Toby said:

Forest Green lead Newport 2-0 at half time having lost the first leg of their play-off semi-final by the same score.

Would be nice to see Nicky Cadden get to Wembley and ultimately join Jack Iredale in League One.

Cadden's first full game back from a hamstring injury. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Newport grab a late aggregate winner. Cadden needs to be knocking on the door of Baron Forest-Green of Nailsworth* and tell him he's wanting a move in summer.

*I'm assuming

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

I'm pretty sure they knocked back decent money for him in January from Oxford. He will be playing League 1 football next season, at the very least. May be too much of a risk for one of the smaller Championship sides to pick up. 

43 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Looks like they've Mortoned it. Probably found his level after all

His injury (mostly) coincided with their disastrous loss of form. He comes back into the team and sets up a goal and scores another. He's clearly dominant at League Two level.

EOho8Pw.png

I know 2 brothers originally from Stroud who travel home and away to Forest Green and both were gutted when he was injured. Nacho is correct that his absence was very costly. 

Dale Vince is very ambitious and Cadden may well be there for a bit longer unless he's desperate to move.

I'm not understanding the hatred towards Brechin City and wishing them to go out the SPFL set up in favour of Kelty fucking Hearts, who have got Gretna MkII written all over them, a total abomination which shouldn't exist whereas Brechin City, for better or worse, are a proper SPFL club who have just had a few bad seasons.

Give me Brechin, Berwick Rangers or East Stirling anyday over these financially doped junior outfits.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

9 minutes ago, capitanus said:

I'm not understanding the hatred towards Brechin City and wishing them to go out the SPFL set up in favour of Kelty fucking Hearts, who have got Gretna MkII written all over them, a total abomination which shouldn't exist whereas Brechin City, for better or worse, are a proper SPFL club who have just had a few bad seasons.

Give me Brechin, Berwick Rangers or East Stirling anyday over these financially doped junior outfits.

There's financial doping and then there's taking the competition seriously. Neither are especially great but Brechin have been guilty of the latter for four seasons now. And this is with having one of their main blazers on the SPFL board. If they won't field competitive squads, why exactly should they get to hang around in the full league setup when there's many, many clubs knocking on the door to take their place?

As for Kelty, they were a reasonably big fish in the land of the Juniors for a long time - two cup finals, for example. They didn't just pop up overnight. There's no point pretending that they're not enjoying some high-level investment, clearly they are, but their sponsorship income is pretty impressive and they've clearly done a ton of work in their community to make it so. (That's something Morton are catching up on but it's going to take a while to get there.) The comparison with Gretna is a bit wide of the mark; Gretna were astroturfed pure and simple. Kelty, yeah, they're obviously splashing the cash, but they're also trying to do all the right things with local businesses and the community n'at, so fair play to them as far as I'm concerned. If it turns out that a daft wee village like Kelty can't support tier 4 football then they'll drop down soon enough, won't they? That's the beauty of the pyramid.

EOho8Pw.png