Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March)

Admin

Apart from the game at Ibrox - and to be fair he appears to still be injured - MacDonald is absolutely hopeless. Not the first time he's palmed one into the net this season.

We could've played all day without scoring. Only pass marks I'd give is for Power, Garritty and wee Bearne who came on - think he won more headers than anybody else in the front half of the pitch.

Couple special mentions to the absolutely atrocious Graham Grainger (apparently he pointed to the spot before the rammy?), Alex Samuel and the twat up the back of the shed who was screaming "Get to fuck Imrie", lets hope his kind don't come back.

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

Apart from the game at Ibrox - and to be fair he appears to still be injured - MacDonald is absolutely hopeless. Not the first time he's palmed one into the net this season.

We could've played all day without scoring. Only pass marks I'd give is for Power, Garritty and wee Bearne who came on - think he won more headers than anybody else in the front half of the pitch.

Couple special mentions to the absolutely atrocious Graham Grainger (apparently he pointed to the spot before the rammy?), Alex Samuel and the twat up the back of the shed who was screaming "Get to fuck Imrie", lets hope his kind don't come back.

At first I thought he pointed to the spot as well and I'm sure I saw players making their way to the D.

EOho8Pw.png

54 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The referee could have been the second coming of Pierluigi Collina and we still wouldn't have won today. Far too many players underperformed from the first minute, French and McGrattan shut down our right game side all by themselves. 

Mostly agree but the ref was so bad and lost control of the game. For me it was really difficult to get any rhythm going with all of that so we'll never know if we could have turned it around - unlikely with the performances but he ruined the game. 

4 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I think MacDonald is carrying an injury but he was poor. Particularly at the free kick.

I thought Bearne looked out his depth again. 

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

Mostly agree but the ref was so bad and lost control of the game. For me it was really difficult to get any rhythm going with all of that so we'll never know if we could have turned it around - unlikely with the performances but he ruined the game. 

We didn't have a rhythm before that either and could be playing now and still wouldn't have scored. Perhaps if French spent less of the first half complaining to the referee and more time dealing with basic defensive tasks and passing the ball to a team mate, we might have had a different result. The fixation with refereeing decisions was a distraction from the actual issues. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We didn't have a rhythm before that either and could be playing now and still wouldn't have scored. Perhaps if French spent less of the first half complaining to the referee and more time dealing with basic defensive tasks and passing the ball to a team mate, we might have had a different result. The fixation with refereeing decisions was a distraction from the actual issues. 

Don't disagree that we didn't have any and could have been better. The point was more that the ref's performance didn't really give us the opportunity to either because he was so bad. There's no getting away from the fact we had too many players who weren't good enough on the day though. 

One thing that’s been apparent over the last three (Airdrie, Raith and ICT) is that opposition players appear to be throwing themselves to the deck at even the slightest contact…….and the referee’s keep buying it, awarding multiple fouls against us.  Today was laughable and ICT came with a game plan, as well as a plan to get into the head of the ref and stand side line-o.   And it worked.  

I don’t think it’s naïveté on our part, but we need to manage that aspect of our game better if other teams are playing up to the big bad Morton rhetoric and going down like there’s a sniper in the stand …….so, if yer going to foul the opposition, make it a good one and at least leave something on them…… 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely atrocious officiating today, I mean the p*ick forgot to bring a ball to start the 2nd half!

We definitely missed Oakley and thought Baird had a really bad day at the office. Much credit in the bank though for our unbelievable run so can forgive what is hopefully just an “off day”. Heads shouldn’t go down after today, massive games coming up so forget today and move on. Mon eh Ton! 

Poor performance to many players off it today disappointing to lose the run to that fkn lot. 

If we're going to struggle without Wilson Oakley n mullen then we need to be hard to beat n those goals today were far far to soft. 

As bad as the referee was there are bigger issues we need to deal with. 

On to Tuesday n get Goodwin and his gang hounded 

Mon eh ton ⚽ 

13 minutes ago, Deego said:

Did anyone else think their left back was booked twice?

Yeah I did think that to be fair! But by that point I had given up on what the ref was doing! 

Believe I questioned it last week, but I genuinely don’t think we have won a game this season that Oakley hasn’t been involved in? He is such a crucial player to us and plays that role in a way nobody else is capable of. Muirhead gave a lot of effort today but was not capable of the levels Oakley has achieved this season. Oakley will be a massive loss for the next few games and I just hope his injury isn’t long term or else I can see us hitting another sticky patch. Thankful that results today went our way

Don’t think mcgrattan took his chance at all today either, I understand he hasn’t played much football recently especially from the start but he was extremely ineffective that I actually forgot he was on the pitch when he got hooked off. Macdonald is miles off it and I assume he is not fit. Looked a Really poor second goal to lose.

Plaudits to Inverness who came with a game plan and played it perfectly and their antics e.g time wasting, diving, getting in the refs face, milking every bit of contact, won over the referee and added to our supports frustration which is exactly what they would have wanted.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deego said:

Did anyone else think their left back was booked twice?

Apparently he booked Muirhead for speaking back to him but it did look like it and he should have been booked twice for timewasting. 

5 hours ago, ChampTon said:

the twat up the back of the shed who was screaming "Get to fuck Imrie", lets hope his kind don't come back.

You have to be joking.  I hope he was shouted down.  That beggars belief.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

To continue the biblical theme Carragher just before HT went down with a head wound apparently severe enough for the ref to halt play. Someone must've said something or had a sly dig and he miraculously springs to his feet sparking a stramache lasting several minutes, headache all gone happily for him. The ref restarts giving possession to ICT when we were attacking. Sums up the game for me.

8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

You have to be joking.  I hope he was shouted down.  That beggars belief.

There are some absolute bellends in our support. Every club has them I know.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come