Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March)

Admin

Lloyd Wilson, fcuk me, he's awful.

See big Dunc referenced the old "style of play" various times in his pre match, love it!

They sound screwed with injuries, need to win this and send them closer to the seaside.

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Lloyd Wilson, fcuk me, he's awful.

See big Dunc referenced the old "style of play" various times in his pre match, love it!

They sound screwed with injuries, need to win this and send them closer to the seaside.

Was just about to mention their injury crisis. Players filling in the gaps all over the pitch. 

If we play at our "physical" best, they'll struggle to keep up with us. No doubt a fear of inducing more injuries will keep them from doing their best attempt at emulating the hatchet men of Airdrie.

We have our own fitness woes but we've got players like Garrity and McGrattan who can step up.

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Was just about to mention their injury crisis. Players filling in the gaps all over the pitch. 

If we play at our "physical" best, they'll struggle to keep up with us. No doubt a fear of inducing more injuries will keep them from doing their best attempt at emulating the hatchet men of Airdrie.

We have our own fitness woes but we've got players like Garrity and McGrattan who can step up.

We have our own injury problems. Mullen, Wilson and Oakley still out tomorrow. I know it's just three players but I'd call two of them absolutely key, and while MacDonald did well on Saturday, Mullen is the better of the two.

EOho8Pw.png

Imrie's 100th game in charge. What a manager he's been for us.

Mullen, Wilson and Oakley all missing is a huge blow. Assuming Muirhead and Quitongo are in better shape than they were they on Tuesday but still not 100% I'd only start one of them here, preferably Muirhead at centre forward. We can have fresher legs out wide with Garrity and McGrattan with Blues moving inside rather than starting Gillespie and Power together, as you'll surely not get 90 minutes out of Power if we're starting him again v Dundee United. Quitongo is then a great impact sub.

We don't want to risk more injuries when it was clear neither Muirhead or Quitongo were fully fit on Tuesday and we've got another Tuesday night game on the way.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Massive blow no doubt, hopefully its just weeks.Thankfully we do have decent options to fill in like they did on Tuesday. I'd prefer Muirhead through middle with 2 of Garrity, Quitongo, Bearne and McGrattan on wings.

Felt we had a real chance of giving Hearts a scare but having those players out( and Strapp who I think is suspended) probably means we don't.

Edited by Madton

1 minute ago, Madton said:

Massive blow no doubt, hopefully its just weeks.Thankfully we do have decent options to fill in like they did on Tuesday. I'd prefer Muirhead through middle with 2 of Garrity, Quitongo, Bearne and McGrattan on wings.

Felt we had a real chance of giving Hearts a scare but having those players out( and Strapp who I think is suspended) probably means we don't.

Is he not a yellow away from a suspension?  I'm sure someone clarified that a couple of weeks ago.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

Telegraph saying we could be without Mullen, Oakley & Wilson for up to a month. That’s a bit of a disaster. 

If that's true that's a massive blow. Particularly Oakley without him we really struggle to score goals. 

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Is he not a yellow away from a suspension?  I'm sure someone clarified that a couple of weeks ago.

If that is the case, brilliant. Just remember someone mentioned it after Motherwell game.

4 minutes ago, Madton said:

If that is the case, brilliant. Just remember someone mentioned it after Motherwell game.

Aye, it was me. But Boogs corrected me. Three bookings for a suspension.

• Upvote 2

Bearne the only attacking sub, it's not taken much for us to be back to bare bones. Arguable that Wilson, Oakley and Mullen are the three worst players to lose but that's still a good starting XI.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake