Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January)

Partick Thistle are now top of the list of clubs I love to see us beat (Falkirk and Airdrie being too pathetic to bother about after their extended time at the seaside). They're also consistently the dirtiest, sneakiest team in the league. Hopefully we play them at their own game and get right into them.

Really looking forward to this, I never have a good feeling when we play Partick Thistle as our record recently hasn't been the best but with the form we are taking into this one it's hard to not fancy us. 

I wouldn't imagine the first 11 will be to different as there really isn't much which needs to change but you would imagine Muirhead comes straight back in possibly along with Baird? I think it's really hard on either Broadfoot or O'Connor to miss out but Baird & Broadfoot have been very solid recently, also with King now back it gives us even more options off the bench if needed. 

On a personal note my partner who has never really bothered about football before has been with me to quite a few Morton games and was starting to enjoy it sadly however, she has decided to sit with the rest of her family in the away end as her cousin now plays for Partick after signing this month, even more reason for us to pump them, not that I am bitter or anything....

Time to hound these student cunts right out of Inverclyde and for someone to get that horrible bastard Graham dealt with.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Just watched Jim Goodwin's pre-match interview for Inverness tomorrow. The pathetic twat's still bitching about 'Slasher' Sibbald being given a 2nd yellow card for hacking down a Morton player. Glorious 😀

Our right hand side needs to not give anywhere near as much space as it did to Ayr in the last home game. If it does, then Fitzpatrick will cause us real problems. 

We're obviously capable of causing problems ourselves too but I'm not overwhelmingly confident for this one. It seems to be a bad matchup between this season's results and last. Rather than 3 points tomorrow I'd be looking at 4 points from our last two games of the month and progression in the cup as the next target. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Our right hand side needs to not give anywhere near as much space as it did to Ayr in the last home game. If it does, then Fitzpatrick will cause us real problems. 

We're obviously capable of causing problems ourselves too but I'm not overwhelmingly confident for this one. It seems to be a bad matchup between this season's results and last. Rather than 3 points tomorrow I'd be looking at 4 points from our last two games of the month and progression in the cup as the next target. 

Think we'd all take that but let's hope we batter them.

With both sides doing well and the bigot brothers not playing, I can see a right good crowd tomorrow. Weather looks good too and the club have done well to market it.  If its above 3119 it will be our highest crowd in 6 years since St Mirren in Jan 2018( 4126)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Madton said:

Think we'd all take that but let's hope we batter them.

With both sides doing well and the bigot brothers not playing, I can see a right good crowd tomorrow. Weather looks good too and the club have done well to market it.  If its above 3119 it will be our highest crowd in 6 years since St Mirren in Jan 2018( 4126)

I think we'll comfortably beat 3119 tomorrow, looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Muirhead/Oakley double hat trick!!!! Ideal scenario, Brian Graham puts Thistle 1-0 up and gives it big licks. Muirhead/Oakley put us 2-1 up, Graham gets furious and gets shown a straight red for a flying elbow and then Muirhead and Oakley both go on and complete their hat tricks! 1000/1 for that scenario. Worth a quid!!!! 🤣🤪

Knocked back overtime in work today, no chance I am missing this! 

IMG_2456.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Airdrie not playing because the sunshine in Dunfermline seems to have flooded the East End Park pitch so chance to get up to 4th.

Dunfermline managing to flood their pitch during an injury crisis… 

If we'd only arrive 15 minutes before kickoff then Iron Man's  turnstiles would work and there wouldn't be a queue. 🤡

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

If we'd only arrive 15 minutes before kickoff then Iron Man's  turnstiles would work and there wouldn't be a queue. 🤡

Yep, if I miss kick off despite turning up at 2.40 then it’s a farce.