Match Preview/Thread - Kelty Hearts vs Morton (15th July) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Kelty Hearts vs Morton (15th July)

Admin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously jinxing it a bit here but with so many shock results, at least a couple of the big boys could be on their way out. The odds of a favorable second round draw if we get through would be better than normal.

EOho8Pw.png

Great to come back and get the 3 points, we really should easily be getting out of this group considering the spine of players we've kept from last season.

I really hope Dougie doesn't come continue with playing Oakley and Muirhead together as until Oakley came off and we went with 2 naturally wide players we were very poor. The difference once quitongo came on was night and day.

With the abundance of wide players we now have at club we should be playing 433 or a system with wingers with Oakley and Muirhead competing for the number 9 position.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

The subs made the difference especially Quitongo. What a difference when we played the ball on the deck. It could and should have been more if Baird had converted a couple of free headers. The new boy had some nice touches but will need time to get up to speed especially the lack of time on the ball and the associated physicality.

Two final comments. Firstly we need a right back and secondly O'ware remains a weapon.

46 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Great to come back and get the 3 points, we really should easily be getting out of this group considering the spine of players we've kept from last season.

I really hope Dougie doesn't come continue with playing Oakley and Muirhead together as until Oakley came off and we went with 2 naturally wide players we were very poor. The difference once quitongo came on was night and day.

With the abundance of wide players we now have at club we should be playing 433 or a system with wingers with Oakley and Muirhead competing for the number 9 position.

Yeh... my fear was George was going to pick up a second yellow.

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Obviously jinxing it a bit here but with so many shock results, at least a couple of the big boys could be on their way out. The odds of a favorable second round draw if we get through would be better than normal.

The second round draw is seeded, with the five teams in Europe and the best three group winners getting those spots, so you’re probably looking for at worst, a penalty shoot out win in Dingwall next Saturday to avoid the big boys.

The positive is that with two home games that we really should be winning, we’re looking at a minimum of nine points. With the likes of St. Mirren, St. Johnstone and Dundee United dropping, finishing as one of the best second placed teams if we can’t get a result next week should be more than achievable.

Overall though, in spite of yet another poor refereeing performance, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Excellent turnaround after bringing Quitongo and McGrattan on after a poor first half, nice to see O’Ware taking it tight and an excellent venue to visit.

I couldn’t help but think that if Kelty had made it into the league 20 years ago, we’d have been travelling to a soulless bus shelter like East Fife or Dumbarton today- instead, we had a pleasant afternoon on a nice, modern open terrace with an excellent vantage point and a bit of freedom to move around.

As I was driving, I wasn’t able to indulge in the full delights of the social club, but I was also very impressed with that- the whole place was just a really good set up. I know the money men have jumped ship now, and Kelty might not have got to where they are without them, but I hope they stick around in the SPFL for a while to come and we get a few more visits there.  Give me a trip there before going to Clyde or Cove Rangers any day.

First half was very poor. Second half much better. Bringing on Jai and mcgrattan made a massive difference. The Kelty left back just couldn't deal with Jai and his presence gave mcgrattan more space on the left.

Thought big darragh put in a tremendous shift again despite being played out of position and managed 2 assists. Also pleased for Boyd who got his goal and looks like his energy will be an asset.  Bearne looked very tidy on the ball and was always looking to drive forward. 

Still not quite convinced with Mullen in goal yet but willing to give him time. At the very least we need a first choice right back and a midfielder who can challenge Crawford, Gillespie and Blues for a start.

Was also pleasing to see tidser get a good reception as he went off. Much deserved imo.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived