Match Preview/Thread - Kelty Hearts vs Morton (15th July) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Kelty Hearts vs Morton (15th July)

Admin

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

His parroting of Owen Coyle's shite from last season that 'Morton are a physical team and are good at what they do' surely removes any lingering doubt. 

He’s right. We are good at what we do. We were fucking class second half and swept Kelty aside. 
Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but I really struggle to have anything but good feelings towards Tidser. By far my favourite ever Morton player, who just like the rest of us, was scunnered with the club at the time he left. He was on record at the time that he was fed up with things being unprofessional behind the scenes and how everything got leaked out of the club. I note that the leaking of info stopped almost immediately after a certain long term member of the back room staff was punted. 
He’s admitted that he wish he never left, but a player with a young family has to put them first before any loyalty to a football club that wasn’t in a good place at the time. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quitongo and O'connor seem to be building up a good connection on the right already. If I remember correctly that's the goal vs Annan and two yesterday where they have combined and got to the byline and crossed it in for a tap in. It looks like something that's been heavily worked on in training. 

I went in to the season wishing for O'connor to be centre back alongside Baird but if he keeps up these performances then I'd have no issue with him continuing there. He's defending well from that position, gives us much needed extra height for set pieces and he's also making attacking runs that Grimshaw never even thought about attempting. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Tidser is and will always be one of my favourite Morton players.

The idea that he shouldn't have signed for Falkirk is ridiculous. Guy has a young family and that lot offered him 60 odd grand a year on a 2 year deal, would me be madness to turn that down at 29 years old.

He also left a club who's manager had for whatever reason got himself the hell out of dodge after a couple of months and who's next manager walked out on the club the day of our final league match of the same season. The fact he went to the worst full time football club in Scotland and never came close to darkening the Scottish Championship again also helps. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

10 hours ago, Madton said:

Tidser is and will always be one of my favourite Morton players.

The idea that he shouldn't have signed for Falkirk is ridiculous. Guy has a young family and that lot offered him 60 odd grand a year on a 2 year deal, would me be madness to turn that down at 29 years old.

He did the right thing, I think. At his age he needs to take care of his family and income. After a while, his talent will decline and he won't be able to earn money by playing. And this time comes quite quickly for footballers.
Hi all!

I reckon there'd have been less fuss if he'd signed for St. Mirren. Choosing Falkirk, particularly given what had happened at the start of the season, was never going to go down well.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

13 hours ago, port-ton said:

Quitongo and O'connor seem to be building up a good connection on the right already. If I remember correctly that's the goal vs Annan and two yesterday where they have combined and got to the byline and crossed it in for a tap in. It looks like something that's been heavily worked on in training. 

I went in to the season wishing for O'connor to be centre back alongside Baird but if he keeps up these performances then I'd have no issue with him continuing there. He's defending well from that position, gives us much needed extra height for set pieces and he's also making attacking runs that Grimshaw never even thought about attempting. 

O'Connor did very well getting to the line to set up a team-mate but he is never a right-back. Too often he was out of position and got skinned by Daramola. His best position is beside Baird in the centre of defence which also means no Broadfoot in the line-up. Broadfoot is in good nick but his legs have gone and anyone with pace gets by him too easily. A signing priority for us has to be a right-back - please Dougie unearth another Grimshaw.

As for Tidser's comment - we are a physical side, we are set up to be horrible to play and therefore difficult to beat. It worked for us last season and this season will be more of the same. In the past we were a bit of a soft touch so I am all for teams hating playing us and managers whinging about our style of play. 

17 hours ago, Madton said:

Everyone taking the Saudi cash right now does so on the understanding that in the eyes of some, your reputation is irreversibly tarnished.

Tider's no different having taken the coin from an even more repugnant entity.

16 hours ago, port-ton said:

He also left a club who's manager had for whatever reason got himself the hell out of dodge after a couple of months and who's next manager walked out on the club the day of our final league match of the same season. 

Tidser displaying such a noble and professional disdain for incompetence that he, err, signed for literally the most shambolic clowncar outfit in Scottish football. Who had to pay GMFC a significant sum of money for its role in Raymond's antics and have been sent spinning down to the seaside leagues never to return since. 🤡

I can't buy (pun unfortunate) the 'but his wife and weans!' angle either. Tidser had already set up a business on the side of his professional career and has likely earned a decent enough living for not a lot of work. Professionalism as a footballer should also involve having the self-respect and hunger to test yourself at as high a level as you can for as long as your career allows.

Tidser's two sheer mercenary moves may well have earned his bedraggled sprogs an extra Happy Meal at the end of the week, but it has also curtailed his career as a footballer at any half-serious level by five years - while the likes of Blues with arguably less talent or Gillespie whose career looked to be on the decline are now performing at a significantly higher level.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

19 hours ago, Scott said:

He’s right. We are good at what we do.  

Nah, not buying that, his implication was the same as Coyle's was last season, that we're a team of hairy-arsed hammer throwers who bully our way to victory. 

Since Dougie took over we don't take any shite and can match any team physically, but there's also a fair amount of talent and skill in the team, which Coyle and now Tidser churlishly fail to acknowledge. 

Archived