Championship 23/24 - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

Queen's Park currently leading Partick 2-0 at Hampden. They're now only three points behind us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

2-1 now

2-2 now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Perfect set of results for us and limits the impact of Tuesday's defeat - a game in hand back over everyone below us apart from Airdrie.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Perfect set of results for us and limits the impact of Tuesday's defeat - a game in hand back over everyone below us apart from Airdrie.

Beat me to it. 

Very favourable set of results. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Ayr and Arbroath only played 27 games as well 

I was referring to relevant clubs to our current target only. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

I was referring to relevant clubs to our current target only. 

I see, the word everyone had me confused.

The league is so tight just now, I expect Dundee Utd to win it and Raith to finish second but between 3rd and 9th anyone could finish anywhere, can't see arbroath not going down but who knows.

Let's hope our key men are back soon to go on another run and see where it takes us. 

I was working yesterday, but had the BBC live updates showing on my phone, checking the Caley/Airdrie score every 3 minutes 🫣 My arse was really puckering at 89 minutes. Great to see them drop a couple of points and keep us in the hunt.

Trying to look forward (as looking back over the last couple of weeks isn't fun) what do we reckon we need from the last 8 games?

2 wins for safety?

5 wins for 4th?

It's looking like it could be that tight this season.

1 hour ago, CM48 said:

Trying to look forward (as looking back over the last couple of weeks isn't fun) what do we reckon we need from the last 8 games?

2 wins for safety?

5 wins for 4th?

It's looking like it could be that tight this season.

Our next 2 home games will tell us which play offs we'll be competing in.   2 wins and the game at Airdrie is massive.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Hands of Cowan said:

A win today takes us to 5th (4th depending on Dunfermline result) and a game in hand over them too, so we're still in a good position.

A defeat puts us 8th though.

We have to stop the rot today.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

14 minutes ago, Madton said:

Airdrie currently 2 up at Arbroath.

Ft 1-2. Must win again Saturday 

Edit just looked at table. We simply must beat them bastards