Championship 23/24 - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

I know we have some games in hand but that league table is looking increasingly worrying for us and ICT with Ayr winning today.

It may still be classed as early in the season but being 6 points adrift of automatic safety already is really concerning.

Next week is absolutely massive for us.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

It's the gap to Airdrie and Queens Park we need to be watching, so last night's result was the best outcome. 

8 points with games in hand is nothing over the rest of the season, but it's probably going to take well into the New Year to recover that.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Raith with two goals inside the last 4 mins to win at ICT. As good a result as possible 

Absolutely. Dancing in the streets of Raith tonight. Lovely to see the Duncan Disorderly bubble bursting so soon.

1 hour ago, SassenachTon said:

Absolutely. Dancing in the streets of Raith tonight. Lovely to see the Duncan Disorderly bubble bursting so soon.

Those of us of a certain age group grit our teeth at seeing/reading the 'Dancing in the Streets of Raith' pun.  Its there with 'Thistle do nicely' and 'Firhill for Thrills' of annoyingly crap football headlines and pundit-speak related to Scottish football.

Anyway, I'd much sooner see Inverness do well than Raith, but then again i'm more of a traditionalist.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Queens Park put out a cryptic statement announcing that youth coach Paul Nuitjen will be in charge vs Us on Saturday and beyond (without confirming if its permenant or interim). Will be supported by Tam O'Ware.

Edited by so72

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Queens Park put out a cryptic statement announcing that youth coach Paul Nuitjen will be in charge vs Us on Saturday and beyond (without confirming if its permenant or interim). Will be supported by Tam O'Ware.

Mental that O’Ware has the choice to play for a League 1 side or “coach” a Championship side on the same day. 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Mental that O’Ware has the choice to play for a League 1 side or “coach” a Championship side on the same day. 

Not sure there is much choice going on there - he hasn't been seen in a Kelty matchday squad since September.

• 5 weeks later...