Commercial Activity - Page 92 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

4 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

If anything it highlights how shit we still are at taking these things in house.

I'm sure it made some sense to someone but surely it'd have been easier to just let matchwinner deal with everything?

Still can't figure out why we did when all the other clubs went the other way (with a whole bunch of extra merch available as a result).

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Still can't figure out why we did when all the other clubs went the other way (with a whole bunch of extra merch available as a result).

Presume it was to keep some sort of cost down but we're just not cut out for it. Never really have been tbh.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Not sure that this is the best place to ask, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for it - 

I have noticed on the clubs socials over the past week that the clips show the team training at Cappielow.  There were quite a few comments made about the state of our pitch after the first couple of games(including from one of our own players).  I thought it looked ok at the Ayr game and certainly looks fine in the training clips, but you would think that it will take its toll on the surface if we are going to be training on it longer term.

Does anyone know why we are training at Cappielow instead of Parklea, and if this is just a temporary thing?

1 hour ago, Greacen2000 said:

Not sure that this is the best place to ask, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for it - 

I have noticed on the clubs socials over the past week that the clips show the team training at Cappielow.  There were quite a few comments made about the state of our pitch after the first couple of games(including from one of our own players).  I thought it looked ok at the Ayr game and certainly looks fine in the training clips, but you would think that it will take its toll on the surface if we are going to be training on it longer term.

Does anyone know why we are training at Cappielow instead of Parklea, and if this is just a temporary thing?

Was it not a cost saving measure introduced under the old regime?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Greacen2000 said:

There was footage on social media last week of training at Parklea. I assumed we were just doing some of the sessions at Cappielow when it suited. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

There was footage on social media last week of training at Parklea. I assumed we were just doing some of the sessions at Cappielow when it suited. 

There was a clip on twitter or FB or somewhere of Bearne scoring with an overhead kick at the Sinclair Street end during a training session, which suggests they must be training at Cappielow at least some of the time.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

33 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Was it not a cost saving measure introduced under the old regime?

IIRC this was back around 2019-2020, and we have definitely returned back to Parklea since then (all the training videos shared last season as well as the one Spoonton mentioned above from last week were there).

I suppose we have had a run of 3 weeks with no home games between Ayr & Arbroath so its possible that the groundsman decided the pitch could handle a few training sessions during that time.

Maybe the wrong place to ask but does anyone know if the fan base app for tickets works or is any good? 

I normally just go to cappielow before the game and get my ticket but this would probably be easier for me and just wondered who has used it and is it worth it. 

18 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Maybe the wrong place to ask but does anyone know if the fan base app for tickets works or is any good? 

I normally just go to cappielow before the game and get my ticket but this would probably be easier for me and just wondered who has used it and is it worth it. 

It is very good.  I bought my tickets for Kelty and the Stranraer game before I got on the train in London on the Saturday morning.  Also used it last week to go and see Ebbsfleet's first game back in the National League.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

55 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

I bought Raith tickets on it, took 5 minutes from installation to having four tickets. I'm a fan. 

EOho8Pw.png