Johansson's Future - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

McKinnon would have this squad in the playoffs.

Yep, of course he would...any remotely competent manager would. The idea that Johansson is somehow getting everything that can be got out of the squad out of it is pretty risible, to be honest.

We wouldn't need to be miles better to be in the play-offs, all it would take would be to be a bit less of a disaster. When you look at how close we are despite being so chronically mismanaged,  I think it's fairly indisputable that we'd be a lot better off in other circumstances.

AWMSC

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you completely oblivious to how dreadful these guys are? :lol:

As opposed to the rest of the division, which currently resemble the 1993-94 Serie A cast of absolute superstars.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not a chance.

Yeah agreed. McKinnon's reputation seems to go up each passing week as JJs goes down.

He went into Falkirk and failed to improve their results and performances and needed a blank cheque to build a brand new team probably on crazy money to try and survive, and even then, he is still struggling to get them to safety and has a 25% win ratio at Falkirk ( JJ's is 23% with us)

Any manager worth their salt should have the ability to improve a poor team, you see it all the time but the snake needed a treasure chest to do that. Feck I'm sure even JJ could improve us with that kind of budget!

McKinnon would have potentially been a good manager for us, but that's all it was, potential. It could quite easily have went tits up and we would be exactly where we are under JJ. Same defenders making the same mistakes, a lack of width( MacLean and Tiff where his only wide options)  and a lack of goal threat with Denny being out.

Edit- McKinnon getting his fair bit of stick now from the Falkirk fans too over on pandb, lovely!

Yeah agreed. McKinnon's reputation seems to go up each passing week as JJs goes down.

He went into Falkirk and failed to improve their results and performances and needed a blank cheque to build a brand new team probably on crazy money to try and survive, and even then, he is still struggling to get them to safety and has a 25% win ratio at Falkirk ( JJ's is 23% with us)

Any manager worth their salt should have the ability to improve a poor team, you see it all the time but the snake needed a treasure chest to do that. Feck I'm sure even JJ could improve us with that kind of budget!

McKinnon would have potentially been a good manager for us, but that's all it was, potential. It could quite easily have went tits up and we would be exactly where we are under JJ. Same defenders making the same mistakes, a lack of width( MacLean and Tiff where his only wide options) and a lack of goal threat with Denny being out.

And releasing Murdoch...

It's not really about McKinnon being a budget Guardiola, it's about the fact that he's clearly a competent manager. 

As I said, if we accept that where we are now is the best that can happen, then you're saying Johansson is getting the most that can be had from the squad. That patently isn't true, no matter how hysterical anybody wants to get about this player or that. We only need to be marginally better to be in the play-offs and a competent manager would make that difference be it McKinnon or somebody else.

AWMSC

McKinnon would have potentially been a good manager for us, but that's all it was, potential. It could quite easily have went tits up and we would be exactly where we are under JJ. Same defenders making the same mistakes, a lack of width( MacLean and Tiff where his only wide options)  and a lack of goal threat with Denny being out.

Edit- McKinnon getting his fair bit of stick now from the Falkirk fans too over on pandb, lovely!

They had no points when he took over, so that’s not really true.

If you take the league table from McKinnon’s first game in charge of Falkirk and Johansson’s first in charge of us, Falkirk are four points bettter off than us having played one more game. He had a considerably poorer squad than ours to work with for more than half of that time and has still managed more points per game than Johansson.

I don’t think anyone is saying McKinnon is a brilliant manager, but he’s clearly a far better one than Johansson and we’d be comfortably safe already if he was in charge.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

There was ways around that with a bit of imagination though. For example, we could have tried Telfer and MacLean/Tiffoney switching wings so they were coming inside and letting the two full-backs - who were playing well at the start of the season - to get more bodies into attacking positions and to attack the far post and free up McHugh to take the near one. Whether that'd have worked or not is obviously a matter of opinion, but flinging your arms in the air and saying "can't do it" doesn't really hold water: it's a manager's job to try to find solutions.

We also pressed high up the park pretty well with McKinnon, something that was starting to come together as games went on so again, it's something you can do to help relieve the pressure on the defence. 

There's things we done at the start of the season that were good, signs that it was clicking into a coherent side with a defined system and way of playing. None of them, absolutely none of them either individually or collectively are on show now, we've regressed in every conceivable way.

Trying to make out that we wouldn't be faring a lot better with McKinnon in the dugout is letting him being a massive **** cloud your judgement on it. Whether we'd be title-challengers or not is questionable, but we would nonetheless be far better off; if nothing else, we'd at least be approaching this summer with something less than an overwhelming sense of dread.*

*Although I suppose that's out the window with the demise of the 3 year plan that depended on Monty Burns staying alive.

AWMSC

Interesting looking at Falkirk thread on pie and bovril.

One theme seems to be mckinnon being negative and the team lacking creativity.

They have invested a lot in him and the general consensus seems to be that it all boils down to Saturday.

My guess is that JJ will be allowed to limp us to safety until the end of the season. After that he should be punted if he doesn't walk of his own accord.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Interesting looking at Falkirk thread on pie and bovril.

One theme seems to be mckinnon being negative and the team lacking creativity.

They have invested a lot in him and the general consensus seems to be that it all boils down to Saturday.

The Falkirk fans invading the pitch last night like they did at Cappielow, only for what came after is pretty delightful.

The Falkirk fans invading the pitch last night like they did at Cappielow, only for what came after is pretty delightful.

According to Morton, those lads will be prosecuted and have been identified via our state of the art CCTV. Guaranteed they are not prosecuted. Just like every other fan who has invaded the pitch at Cappielow for years. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived