Johansson's Future - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

The Brechin incident was also brought up at the Q&A. Hawke said Morton are obliged to take action if there has been police involvement due to some league obligation.

Yes, but their obligation is only to investigate and act accordingly. It would have been perfectly acceptable for Morton to conduct their own investigation and find no wrongdoing by the supporters accused. As usual it's all spin and half a story from Hawke. The Brechin debacle showed, quite clearly, the contempt that Hawke holds certain facets of the support in. He prioritised a good working relationship with the Brechin directors rather than supporting a fan who was wrongfully arrested. A factually incorrect version of events that day, originating from the stewards, was passed onto both the club directors and the Police. The Police turned up with 5 vans and a dozen cops because of the reports given to them by the stewards FFS. Luckily the senior officer that day was a decent guy otherwise the repercussions for the guy wrongfully arrested could have been far worse than they were.  

For all the incident was absolutely irrelevant to the majority of the support, it showed exactly where Hawke's priorities lie. The fact that someone can be arrested, with the case dropped under a week after it being reported to the Procurator Fiscal due to mis-identification, and still be issued a warning letter containing threats of prison is a damning indictment of Hawke's feeling towards the fans. And that's before we look at similar incidents such as Ibrox. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Hawke chief exec when the bottle got chucked? I still get annoyed thinking about that. Some arsehole got away with that and we were made out to be liars (and our own chairman certainly didn’t help with his programme comments)

At least being shite means we don’t need to step foot in that hovel regularly.

Was Hawke chief exec when the bottle got chucked? I still get annoyed thinking about that. Some arsehole got away with that and we were made out to be liars (and our own chairman certainly didn’t help with his programme comments)

At least being shite means we don’t need to step foot in that hovel regularly.

He was definitely on the board, I'm not sure about being CEO or not. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

At least being s***e means we don’t need to step foot in that hovel regularly.

Made all the more annoying with the fact they've been chucking bottles again this season. At least someone got convicted this time. 

Is it honestly 700 words?

Yep - it takes up well over 100 lines and multiple columns of a middle page. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dunning's long-lost evil twin found.

Are happy-clappers evil, or just a bit dim?

It’s not for me to say, but it’s both.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yes, but their obligation is only to investigate and act accordingly. It would have been perfectly acceptable for Morton to conduct their own investigation and find no wrongdoing by the supporters accused. As usual it's all spin and half a story from Hawke. The Brechin debacle showed, quite clearly, the contempt that Hawke holds certain facets of the support in. He prioritised a good working relationship with the Brechin directors rather than supporting a fan who was wrongfully arrested. A factually incorrect version of events that day, originating from the stewards, was passed onto both the club directors and the Police. The Police turned up with 5 vans and a dozen cops because of the reports given to them by the stewards FFS. Luckily the senior officer that day was a decent guy otherwise the repercussions for the guy wrongfully arrested could have been far worse than they were.  

For all the incident was absolutely irrelevant to the majority of the support, it showed exactly where Hawke's priorities lie. The fact that someone can be arrested, with the case dropped under a week after it being reported to the Procurator Fiscal due to mis-identification, and still be issued a warning letter containing threats of prison is a damning indictment of Hawke's feeling towards the fans. And that's before we look at similar incidents such as Ibrox. 

Completely agree btw. Just giving you a flavour of his bullshit excuse. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That letter to the Tele is aging about as well as Rae and Hawke insisting that we won’t go down and have actually played some ‘sublime’ football under Johansson.

I don’t even think there’s a debate to be had about whether he’s the worst manager in the club’s history. When you look at the likes of Shiels or Cormack who have poorer records on the stats alone, you’re looking at managers who at least have some kind of mitigating circumstance in inheriting a shambles from another manager or the club being in disarray off the pitch. In Johansson’s case, he’s entirely caused the situation by himself through nothing more than his own staggering level of incompetence.

They’ve obviously left it far too late now - the correct time to act would have been telling him to find his own way home from Methil - but he should still be sacked by this afternoon if the club have any intention of averting the descent to Airdrie, Clyde or worse levels.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Sacking him contradicts the whole route forward to a "break-even" model. I doubt it's going to happen because quite simply, those at the helm don't care. Morton is a burden to Crawford. Sadly, he inherited his dad's cuddly toy and doesn't have the same enthusiasm and go for Morton as Douglas did. Part of me doesn't blame him for that tbh. 

Warren is a puppet and only out to look after himself. His CV in no way represents a man capable of running what is essentially a business in a proper manner. He has cost us thousands of pounds in a shan turnstile installation and latterly administration errors leading to the loss of any compensation for players developed by his baby "the YOOOTH". Quite how he's still making decisions is beyond me. He couldn't navigate the ship on a normal budget, he sure as hell won't manage it whilst slashing costs drastically. 

We're so far away from where we need to be for this "break-even" model to work. There's far too much fragmentation within every element of Morton for it to come close to working. 

Relegation looms, be it this season or next. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Sacking him contradicts the whole route forward to a "break-even" model. I doubt it's going to happen because quite simply, those at the helm don't care. Morton is a burden to Crawford. Sadly, he inherited his dad's cuddly toy and doesn't have the same enthusiasm and go for Morton as Douglas did. Part of me doesn't blame him for that tbh.

We won't break even next season if JJ is still in charge!

Archived