Johansson's Future - Page 38 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most don't make basic contractual errors losing their clubs thousands of pounds. That's just the most recent thing he has contrived to **** up.

I'm not defending Hawke, it's a terrible error to make which shows a lack of competency at the club. Although who was actually going to pay thousands of pounds for those players?

My point about CEOs in general stands. Hawke is very typical in that regard.

No doubt that's where the inspiration comes from.

There's a part where he's convinced by an ill thought out scheme to lower the age of the players Sunderland bring in. It could have been Hawke, Anderson, and JJ having the discussion.

I'm not defending Hawke, it's a terrible error to make which shows a lack of competency at the club. Although who was actually going to pay thousands of pounds for those players?

My point about CEOs in general stands. Hawke is very typical in that regard.

We were due it in compensation and he managed to fuck it up. Every penny is a prisoner. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

We were due it in compensation and he managed to **** it up. Every penny is a prisoner.

Would Partick Thistle and Falkirk have signed Quitongo and Russell on short term deals if they would have had to have paid for them? I thought they signed them because they knew they didn't? Maybe Livi would've still signed Tiffoney, but we got a loan deal and a sell on clause there, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

In any case the error still exists - it could have cost us thousands and that's enough to warrant the criticism.

Would Partick Thistle and Falkirk have signed Quitongo and Russell on short term deals if they would have had to have paid for them? I thought they signed them because they knew they didn't? Maybe Livi would've still signed Tiffoney, but we got a loan deal and a sell on clause there, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

In any case the error still exists - it could have cost us thousands and that's enough to warrant the criticism.

Were we not due compensation from Scottish clubs as it was over 28 days but not from English as it was less than 60?

There's a risk of offering a contract with 2 months of the season to go as well.

Regardless, he's publicly admitted to making administrative errors with sums of money attached. A CEO who doesn't know the ins and outs of contracts shouldn't be trusted to deal with them - irony being that selling youth talent has been his mantra since day dot. 

It's not good enough and its just failure thing in a long list of failures that he's overseen. He's winging it. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The only way Johansson is leaving is if he resigns, then we’re left with either Houston, Anderson or Sutton.

We’re not getting a new manager. Golden Casket have abandoned us; they’re not paying him off and nobody new is going to be brought into the payroll.

What an absolute mess.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

It doesn't matter that the players involved are rubbish - it's the error that matters. We could have just as easy lost the next Andy Robertson for nothing.

That would be my point.

You could go round in circles arguing over what we did our didn't lose. The issue is the error itself.

Just to add - we haven't produced a potential thousands to be made over compensation yet. We're not even at the stage.

Regardless, he's publicly admitted to making administrative errors with sums of money attached. A CEO who doesn't know the ins and outs of contracts shouldn't be trusted to deal with them - irony being that selling youth talent has been his mantra since day dot.

It's not good enough and its just failure thing in a long list of failures that he's overseen. He's winging it.

Did he actually say it was an oversight though? I remember him saying that agents were putting pressure on saying they'd just go to England instead but might've missed him saying it was an error.

It could be argued this is a secretary or admin job so whoever done that should be getting the flack but the CEO is the one who has to deal with it internally. For all we knows there's a disciplinary against someone for missing it and it's being addressed.

Did he actually say it was an oversight though? I remember him saying that agents were putting pressure on saying they'd just go to England instead but might've missed him saying it was an error.

It could be argued this is a secretary or admin job so whoever done that should be getting the flack but the CEO is the one who has to deal with it internally. For all we knows there's a disciplinary against someone for missing it and it's being addressed.

I don't actually know the details of this. I've not read the story, and haven't heard the comments, only going by the scenario of the error being made.

On the point of it being an admin error. An individual will make mistakes at one point or another, a good organisation makes sure important errors aren't followed through with by having a good structure in place where checks can be made. I suppose you could get something really incompetent where someone has said they've done something which they haven't, but that should be a real outlier.

I don't actually know the details of this. I've not read the story, and haven't heard the comments, only going by the scenario of the error being made.

On the point of it being an admin error. An individual will make mistakes at one point or another, a good organisation makes sure important errors aren't followed through with by having a good structure in place where checks can be made. I suppose you could get something really incompetent where someone has said they've done something which they haven't, but that should be a real outlier.

What I picked up at the Q&A was it was over the 28 days to get compensation from Scottish clubs but under the 60 days to get it from elsewhere. Both agents then said if they don't do deals (a 50% sell on was negotiated for both) then they'd just take them to England instead so we'd have nothing and a bad reputation of not letting players move.

I don't remember if he said the 60/28 day thing was an oversight, planned or if was just the above facts mentioned.

It could be argued a decision is there to be made with 60 days as the manager might not know if he wants them for next season yet and could be a waste of a wage. I'm not justifying what happened but it would be interesting to know.

Direct quote from the puppet himself: “That was an administrative error from us as far as Scott and Jai Quitongo are concerned"

I saw that in the paper but it was quoted from the Q&A and I don't remember him saying that. I thought he just said what the agents done and that's why they settled for the sell on clause. I could be wrong though.

Archived