Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 76 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk offering season ticket holders the chance to bring a friend for free.

That game sounds far more appealing than our dead rubber

If you fancy running a bus for the County end I’ll happily go there instead.

Glad it is a dead rubber though would have hated going into this game needing something from it.

There, of course, is the need to at least match Dunfermline to make sure we finish 5th and receive a higher payout from the league

Fuck that. Few beers with the boys pre-match on Saturday with all the pressure off and it's my day off too. Looking forward to it for a change.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Grangemouth and Partick is the dream pairing, both for the GIRFUY factor for the likes of O'Ware, but also because as Dunning mentioned QOTS are going to continue to be shite.

If we are going to use "Grangemouth" as a term for The bottom dwellers, can we please have some consistency and refer to the other club as Possil instead of Partick.

Thanks in advance.

*insert signature here*

If we are going to use "Grangemouth" as a term for The bottom dwellers, can we please have some consistency and refer to the other club as Possil instead of Partick.

Thanks in advance.

Maryhill surely?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Fuck that. Few beers with the boys pre-match on Saturday with all the pressure off and it's my day off too. Looking forward to it for a change.

Topped off by goal alerts coming in as Falkirk get absolutely rinsed by County, hastening their liquidation.

EOho8Pw.png

All of these complaints you make about Partick are also relevant to Falkirk, though.

Sorry Toby I can't really agree with your point here. Just look at the weekends reports in the papers, only one team in the bottom six won, and we got the smallest report, Thistle on the other hand got a full page report with a colour pic of their gloriously beautiful strip, accompanied by the usual arrogant crowing about how the cream will still come to the top. My main gripe about Falkirk is what happened with McKinnon, but over the years they have been pretty unfortunate not to get promotion and they also have a great fan base. If you also look at their fans' reactions to us beating them on P&B they are mostly pretty complimentary to Morton in the most difficult of circumstances. Thistle in my opinion don't compete with that, although I must stress I'm talking of the fans and not the club.

Thanks in advance.

Partick fans get far more seething about being called Partick than they would being called Possil or Maryhill, so it’s Partick for me.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Sorry Toby I can't really agree with your point here. Just look at the weekends reports in the papers, only one team in the bottom six won, and we got the smallest report, Thistle on the other hand got a full page report with a colour pic of their gloriously beautiful strip, accompanied by the usual arrogant crowing about how the cream will still come to the top. My main gripe about Falkirk is what happened with McKinnon, but over the years they have been pretty unfortunate not to get promotion and they also have a great fan base. If you also look at their fans' reactions to us beating them on P&B they are mostly pretty complimentary to Morton in the most difficult of circumstances. Thistle in my opinion don't compete with that, although I must stress I'm talking of the fans and not the club.

A great fan base?? A fan base that threw rubber eyes at Dean Shiels? Racially abused their own player? Fight everywhere they go? You aff yer heid?

A great fan base?? A fan base that threw rubber eyes at Dean Shiels? Racially abused their own player? Fight everywhere they go? You aff yer heid?

Let's face it, you know a lot more about cretinous fan bases than the rest of us do.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Same a few ago when we sworded Falkirk. We got a paragraph.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Their supporters on P&B are the biggest cretins on the planet. 

AWMSC

Their supporters on P&B are the biggest cretins on the planet.

I’m probably going back a bit more historically TBH, though I did see a good number of fair responses from certain fans to such a damaging defeat. By good fan base I meant the consistent numbers that attend their games.

Archived