Season Tickets - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

A drum will drive people away. What's the point in that? If there's a song that is helped with a drum, then it may be good., but if it's just a noise, fhen it's a waste of time. I think Crystal Palace is great. If we can replicate that, then I'm all in favour.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When we're down 1-0 at home to Ayr in darkest February and about to drop into 9th place, someone will smash the drum into pieces and the problem will take care of itself.

EOho8Pw.png

I think he's asking the casual fan if they bought one since it was a good deal or will continue to pay on the day. It's a small group here but should be able to give a good indication.

Speaking of which, Cartoonhead has been helluva quiet lately, has anybody seen him around?

*insert signature here*

Atmosphere at a football game should be an organic thing, generated by the supporters and reflecting the mood of the crowd. A new year Derby against St Mirren will always have a bit of an edge to it and a better atmosphere in comparison with playing shite like Alloa on a wet Tuesday evening.

Drums don't create an atmosphere, people do.

*insert signature here*

When we're down 1-0 at home to Ayr in darkest February and about to drop into 9th place, someone will smash the drum into pieces and the problem will take care of itself.

Yeah, I can see this ending badly, look forward to seeing some spotty youth wandering onto Sinclair Street with a drum on his head and a pair of sticks up his arse.

Doubt we will shift many more. Surely anyone who wanted one would have snapped up one before the price increase.

Around 700 last year, 1100 this year. that is an impressive increase!

Be good to understand how that 1100 is broken down. Does that include the free child ones or just paying customers? 

Be great to get our crowds back above 2000 every second week!

Due to a change in my circumstances I’m now able to make most Saturdays and have the same buzz as most other fans. It’s just a shame I’ve missed the early bird price - might chance it and see if the club will do me a turn!

Looking forward to the season ahead, will definitely be at more games this season than the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Due to a change in my circumstances I’m now able to make most Saturdays and have the same buzz as most other fans. It’s just a shame I’ve missed the early bird price - might chance it and see if the club will do me a turn!

Looking forward to the season ahead, will definitely be at more games this season than the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Nick read this. Sort the man oot 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Doubt we will shift many more. Surely anyone who wanted one would have snapped up one before the price increase.

Around 700 last year, 1100 this year. that is an impressive increase!

Be good to understand how that 1100 is broken down. Does that include the free child ones or just paying customers? 

Be great to get our crowds back above 2000 every second week!

Surely people realise it's the die-hards that have bought season tickets, because it was such a good offer... and very significantly, to avoid the absolute farce of having to join two queues to get into Cappielow on match day? It wasn't new/lapsed supporters...

I may be wrong, but I don't think the significant increase in season ticket sales is any indicator that we are actually going to have larger attendances in the coming season. People have just decided to pay up front, for the reasons above, meaning that ticket sales on an individual match basis will be significantly down.

Financially, unless we have a very good season and attract the floating fan, the club will surely be worse off due to the large uptake of early bird season ticket sales?? i.e. people that maybe attend 13/14 games per season (there are plenty of those), didn't bother buying season tickets previously, as there was no real saving. This time around it was worth buying a season ticket if you reckoned you'd be at more than 10 games. Doing the arithmetic, let's say 14 pay on the day matches at £20 = £280, against £199 for a season ticket.... that's the club £81 down per supporter of this type. 

I'd say the increase in season ticket sales is largely down to this group, those that know they are going to miss a few games, deciding it was worth buying this time around. 

There's going to be a financial gap.. surely?  How is that gap going to be filled? Concerned me as soon as I heard how cheap the season tickets were. It's all very positive sounding saying season ticket sales are up 40%, but it doesn't add up financially for me...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Surely people realise it's the die-hards that have bought season tickets, because it was such a good offer... and very significantly, to avoid the absolute farce of having to join two queues to get into Cappielow on match day? It wasn't new/lapsed supporters...

I may be wrong, but I don't think the significant increase in season ticket sales is any indicator that we are actually going to have larger attendances in the coming season. People have just decided to pay up front, for the reasons above, meaning that ticket sales on an individual match basis will be significantly down.

Financially, unless we have a very good season and attract the floating fan, the club will surely be worse off due to the large uptake of early bird season ticket sales?? i.e. people that maybe attend 13/14 games per season (there are plenty of those), didn't bother buying season tickets previously, as there was no real saving. This time around it was worth buying a season ticket if you reckoned you'd be at more than 10 games. Doing the arithmetic, let's say 14 pay on the day matches at £20 = £280, against £199 for a season ticket.... that's the club £81 down per supporter of this type. 

I'd say the increase in season ticket sales is largely down to this group, those that know they are going to miss a few games, deciding it was worth buying this time around. 

There's going to be a financial gap.. surely?  How is that gap going to be filled? Concerned me as soon as I heard how cheap the season tickets were. It's all very positive sounding saying season ticket sales are up 40%, but it doesn't add up financially for me...

Agree with the above, but equally if we are doing shite and the club have 1100 people who have paid up front they already have your money. As a result the money will be up based on the fact that attendances would likely have dropped anyway.

On the other hand, if we are doing well attendances could well increase and say another 3-400 attend on a regular basis then the profits will rise.

All ifs, buts and maybes at the moment, only time will tell.

Agree with the above, but equally if we are doing s***e and the club have 1100 people who have paid up front they already have your money. As a result the money will be up based on the fact that attendances would likely have dropped anyway.

On the other hand, if we are doing well attendances could well increase and say another 3-400 attend on a regular basis then the profits will rise.

Agreed. Seems the board have decided to with the philosophy of you have to speculate to accumulate. Hopefully it works out and attendances rise

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Agree with the above, but equally if we are doing s***e and the club have 1100 people who have paid up front they already have your money. As a result the money will be up based on the fact that attendances would likely have dropped anyway.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread...think there's definitely an element of risk in it.

I don't think it's necessarily correct to say that only "die-hards" took advantage of the £200 deal though. This is obviously anecdotal but a decent number of people who haven't bothered with many games at all over the last few seasons (myself included) were enticed back by the offer when they wouldn't have been without the discount, so each of those sales is money the club wouldn't have got otherwise. 

It'd have been helpful if the club had asked people to complete a short survey when buying their tickets to find out this kind of thing. 

AWMSC

Hate to keep referencing falkirk, but they had a tweet up last week or so listing sales to date, the target, and the number of people they know who've yet to renew.

Speaks volumes for having a proper data base with customer information.

Do we have this sort of thing?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm fairly certain the club haven't taken a massive gamble here. They've got money in the bank early and can budget more appropriately for the season ahead. There was still be an element of people turning up on the day, and there will be a few decent away supports coming to Cappielow this season. Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick Thistle and Ayr Utd will bring good supports with them. 

I could probably count on one hand how many Morton games i went to last season for different reasons. Easily the least amount of games i've attended in my adult life. I probably would have picked and chosen my games this season as well had it not been for the early bird deal. They're definitely going to make a profit from me, and i'll be attending the majority of games this season now too as a result of it so it's a win win situation for the club when it comes to people like me.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I could probably count on one hand how many Morton games i went to last season for different reasons. Easily the least amount of games i've attended in my adult life. I probably would have picked and chosen my games this season as well had it not been for the early bird deal. They're definitely going to make a profit from me, and i'll be attending the majority of games this season now too as a result of it so it's a win win situation for the club when it comes to people like me.

I've read countless people on here, Facebook and Twitter saying the same thing. 

I suspect the reality lies somewhere in the middle. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived