Season Tickets - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's what they want then so be it.

Let's not discourage a new generation or even those that are enthusiastic.

I get the reservations but that togetherness undoubtedly helped st.mirren in their survival and then success

Won't discourage even if I am not a fan. Fully expect there to now be a drum there next season.

Atmosphere and experience at Cappielow can be pretty crap so anything that helps (for some, you won't please everyone) is worth a shot.

Even things like the music. Tanny guy plays that 'we follow Morton from Cappielow, pride of Greenock town' song after every game, even when we have just been skelped 3-0 at home. Aye. So proud. Minter. Etc.

Petition for Don’t Look Back in Anger & Why Does it Always Rain on Me? after home losses.

No but I am sure most clubs that play their anthems tend to play them before a game, not after, particularly with a loss.

No great hearing that playing out mixed with the opposition fans celebrating at the other end.

The guy that stands in for the regular Tannoy guy realises this and ditched it if we lose.

I can just about put up with them provided there's some sort of rhythm to it, but where it's inane thumping it gets royally on my thrupenny bits

Just wait till they are banging along to the GBX at the big games. Here we, here we, here we fucking go...

Did Dumbarton bring one for the Scottish Cup game a few months ago? Think it was them, but there was no atmosphere, just constant banging until we started horsing them. Stay well clear with a hangover.

Not a drum please! I don't think they help create an atmosphere unless as part of a song or chant (like Crystal Palace). A stupid banging noise is just irritating. Dumbarton's drumming was rubbish.

Drums are terrible. I don't really see why you need to do anything to "create" an atmosphere anyway, it's a standing only area so if you want to sing songs then you just need to wander over to other people.

Because that approach is working brilliantly right now.

I would like to know what we are going to do to attract younger fans to Cappielow. We need to get more kids through the gates as they are he ones who will want the full kit each season, merchandise, programmes and maybe drag their dad along to the games also.

1). We have the Community Trust that engages with around 1200 Inverclyde kids every week in school term time. They run after school coaching and summer camps as well as initiatives with local schools where players regularly visit. We run regular courses at Cappielow, a primary at a time, where the kids are bussed in on the team bus to participate in literacy and numeracy courses with a football theme. Did you see primary kids interviewing Ray McKinnon on his arrival? (Including one kid who asked “what makes you think you are fit to manage Morton Ray?”) We regularly have freebie attend a match events via the trust.

2). As well as after school coaching we run around 30 community teams which compete in local boys and girls leagues in Morton strips - this season we will have a senior ladies team competing in the national leagues. The best of these kids are harvested into the YA and we have significantly cut down the number of Inverclyde prospects going to other clubs YAs.

2) Under 12s qualify for free season tickets. Under 17s are heavily discounted

Other suggestions to engage the next generation of Morton fans will be gratefully received!

Nick

I would like to know what we are going to do to attract younger fans to Cappielow. We need to get more kids through the gates as they are he ones who will want the full kit each season, merchandise, programmes and maybe drag their dad along to the games also.

1). We have the Community Trust that engages with around 1200 Inverclyde kids every week in school term time. They run after school coaching and summer camps as well as initiatives with local schools where players regularly visit. We run regular courses at Cappielow, a primary at a time, where the kids are bussed in on the team bus to participate in literacy and numeracy courses with a football theme. Did you see primary kids interviewing Ray McKinnon on his arrival? (Including one kid who asked “what makes you think you are fit to manage Morton Ray?”) We regularly have freebie attend a match events via the trust.

2). As well as after school coaching we run around 30 community teams which compete in local boys and girls leagues in Morton strips - this season we will have a senior ladies team competing in the national leagues. The best of these kids are harvested into the YA and we have significantly cut down the number of Inverclyde prospects going to other clubs YAs.

3) Under 12s qualify for free season tickets. Under 17s are heavily discounted

Other suggestions to engage the next generation of Morton fans will be gratefully received!

Nick

3) Under 12s qualify for free season tickets. Under 17s are heavily discounted

Nick

I was curious as to what th strategy was as Warren Hawke pointed out we had an aging fan base. How many kids have season tickets for next season and have we seen an increase?

Because that approach is working brilliantly right now.

I'd take complete silence over some walloper randomly hitting a drum every single time; get this idea in the sea. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd take complete silence over some walloper randomly hitting a drum every single time; get this idea in the sea.

Agreed. There's nothing to stop people singing and making a noise, if people are mostly chosing not to them that's just how it is. I struggle to imagine that some wee guy with a drum is going to have the weans flooding in.

AWMSC

Archived