Season Tickets - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

To be fair, we all knew about the problems with the site, and you’ve had an extra fortnight on top of what they originally advertised.

We’re a bit past the stage now of complaining about wasting so much time and being unsuccessful in getting a cut price season ticket when the club have shifted the boundaries so much, as well as making a pretty big song and dance about it for about six weeks now.

Yes, there have been technical difficulties, but anyone who didn’t manage to get an early bird season ticket really only has themselves to blame now.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree pal. If their advertised as on sale until a time they should be. Unfortunately I haven't had a spare 200 quid available until today, so the extension thing personally was fortuitous. I agree totally that they've been well advertised and promoted, fair play to the club, but it's still a wee bit rubbish I couldn't get one within their advertised, albeit amended window.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Wee update. For some reason I could get one through the credit scheme of four payments, but not when i tried to pay in the oner. Four payments it is then. Should have gone that a month ago ffs!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

Wee update. For some reason I could get one through the credit scheme of four payments, but not when i tried to pay in the oner. Four payments it is then. Should have gone that a month ago ffs!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

I disagree pal. If their advertised as on sale until a time they should be. Unfortunately I haven't had a spare 200 quid available until today, so the extension thing personally was fortuitous. I agree totally that they've been well advertised and promoted, fair play to the club, but it's still a wee bit rubbish I couldn't get one within their advertised, albeit amended window.

Don't really agree. If the club are posting on social media that people can purchase a season ticket on gmfctickets.co.uk before midnight tonight then people should expect to be able to do so. What if someone wasn't going to bother but changed their mind after a few pints on a sunny Saturday?

Wonder how many other people tried it and failed. Really not sure why people are still being directed to use the website when it doesn't work.

To be fair, we all knew about the problems with the site, and you’ve had an extra fortnight on top of what they originally advertised.

We’re a bit past the stage now of complaining about wasting so much time and being unsuccessful in getting a cut price season ticket when the club have shifted the boundaries so much, as well as making a pretty big song and dance about it for about six weeks now.

Yes, there have been technical difficulties, but anyone who didn’t manage to get an early bird season ticket really only has themselves to blame now.

I'm with Paddy and Deego here. As much as I'm trying to defend the club for making a real and honest effort to improve, this is still a glaring issue. The club has extended the deadline and that is great and they should be praised for it, but there needs to come a point when they accept that the Interstadia website simply isn't fit for purpose and demand it to be upgraded accordingly. Hardcore fans and those who follow Morton online will know the issues by now, but if we're trying to get the lapsed fans back we need to get this stuff right first time.

I do accept that Interstadia's problems aren't directly Morton's, but I know for a fact that the club is aware of the issues on the ticketing site, and it's incumbent on them to get their supplier to fix them.

The club has got 90% of this pre-season right, and after such a long time of basic errors that is absolutely something to be happy about and something to congratulate them for, but that remaining 10% is especially glaring.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't really agree. If the club are posting on social media that people can purchase a season ticket on gmfctickets.co.uk before midnight tonight then people should expect to be able to do so. What if someone wasn't going to bother but changed their mind after a few pints on a sunny Saturday?

Wonder how many other people tried it and failed. Really not sure why people are still being directed to use the website when it doesn't work.

Agreed.

Did you really expect it to go without a hitch, though?

Fair enough, saying you [i[only[/i] have yourself to blame is harsh, but I can’t believe for a second that anyone who knows Morton and their failings wouldn’t have expected something to go wrong with the website.

You don’t do all your Christmas shopping on December 24th and expect to get everything you need, why would you leave to chance getting a cheap season ticket when you’ve been well aware of the problems encountered by others?

It's been on here enough to just phone the club instead of trying to use the website but the club should have had that in the advert as well. I'm with Deego. Can't be advertising a website that doesn't work when trying to sell something.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Did you really expect it to go without a hitch, though?

Fair enough, saying you [i[only[/i] have yourself to blame is harsh, but I can’t believe for a second that anyone who knows Morton and their failings wouldn’t have expected something to go wrong with the website.

You don’t do all your Christmas shopping on December 24th and expect to get everything you need, why would you leave to chance getting a cheap season ticket when you’ve been well aware of the problems encountered by others?

What can I say? I like to live on the edge! Ref Christmas Eve shopping, I tried that once, I really really really do not recommend it!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

It's been on here enough to just phone the club instead of trying to use the website but the club should have had that in the advert as well. I'm with Deego. Can't be advertising a website that doesn't work when trying to sell something.

Doubt someone would have been at the club yesterday for him to call though.

Part of the reason extending no doubt was to get guys like SP who didn't have the money until this pay weekend to purchase one last minute.

Overall a successful initiative but blatantly obvious that the website needs either binned or improved for next time.

I really don't think the club could benefit from adopting Falkirk's utterly fucking cringeworthy social media practices. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why are people so bothered about the amount of ST’s we’ve sold? If we sell 1100, start the season well and are getting crowds of 2,500, that means there’s folk paying in each home game.

Why are people so bothered about the amount of ST’s we’ve sold? If we sell 1100, start the season well and are getting crowds of 2,500, that means there’s folk paying in each home game.

Season tickets give certainty to the club. The more season tickets potentially the bigger budget available to the manager. If we start the season well and more punters pay at the gate that is an added bonus.

Not related to Morton but the wee team up the road who play in Paisly has now sold over 4,000 season tickets and are targeting 5,000 before the season starts.

It's secured cash.

In any case, my point was more about their use of social media to achieve a set target.

We just seem a bit 'take what we can get' when it comes to try to flog a great deal.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Season tickets give certainty to the club. The more season tickets potentially the bigger budget available to the manager. If we start the season well and more punters pay at the gate that is an added bonus.

Not related to Morton but the wee team up the road who play in Paisly has now sold over 4,000 season tickets and are targeting 5,000 before the season starts.[/quote

Even if they have, they’re still giving the OF 2 stands next season.

Archived