The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 55 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Then why is the only club confirmed to be sniffing about him right now a diddy seaside league outfit in the form of Raith Rovers? He's in fact a largely ineffective sand-dancer - which is why his current situation confirms that being part of a piss-poor Dunfermline team will be the mediocre 'peak' in his flat as Holland playing career.

A promotion-challenging Famous side deserves better and going by the ambition demonstrated so far will find that when completing our squad.

Pish.

Your logic is totally flawed here, so only mediocre players play for mediocre teams now? There's no way a good player could ever be part of an average team is there???

"Largely ineffective" aye? We know how much u like facts so here's one you'll like:

From 25 league appearances (16 starts, 9 as a sub) Cardle got 7 goals and 5 assists last season in a well below-par (pun intended) dunfermline side.

That's 12 key contributions in 25 games. So almost a goal or assist every other game then.

If that's "largely ineffective" then I'll take largely ineffective thanks very much.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk are wankers but Chris Millar is a handsome man. LargsTON was especially threatened by this in his first spell at the club.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Falkirk are wankers but Chris Millar is a handsome man. LargsTON was especially threatened by this in his first spell at the club.

I was about to post that he is indeed a ride. I was glad when he left but he's gone on to prove himself at a higher level so fair play to him and I admit I called it wrong.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I was about to post that he is indeed a ride. I was glad when he left but he's gone on to prove himself at a higher level so fair play to him and I admit I called it wrong.

With him and Lamie in the same team the cowshed would of been fucking soaking by sounds of it.

Pish.

Your logic is totally flawed here, so only mediocre players play for mediocre teams now? There's no way a good player could ever be part of an average team is there???

"Largely ineffective" aye? We know how much u like facts so here's one you'll like:

From 25 league appearances (16 starts, 9 as a sub) Cardle got 7 goals and 5 assists last season in a well below-par (pun intended) dunfermline side.

That's 12 key contributions in 25 games. So almost a goal or assist every other game then.

If that's "largely ineffective" then I'll take largely ineffective thanks very much.

That's an entirely mediocre contribution for a team that finished in the play offs and were therefore above rather than 'well below par' in the division. And no doubt about a third of those were done against Brechin, the historic whipping boys of the division. Which is why the only confirmed interest in him has been from seaside league diddies as opposed to, say, any top flight clubs - because his career is now inevitably sliding down towards playing for Kelty in the Lowland League.

If that is the level of player that we're aspiring to then we can stick a fork in any promotion aspirations right now. It seems that while the club may have upgraded expectations over the close season, a section of the fanbase is still attracted to Duffy level jobbers. 

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Morton fans page claiming we’re after Anthony Stokes :lol:

Whoever runs the page is also creaming their skants thinking we're signing Tony Watt..

The only worry with Stokes is whether or not he'd just chuck it, like he did with Apollon in Greece. We wouldn't be on the hook for his wages in that case but it would be next to impossible to find a suitable replacement mid-season.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived