The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 54 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Maybe not Denny, there was a good player in there but not an out and out goalscorer. He scored a few but mainly was a handful for defenders & made space for others. With a relatively small squad and a couple of unimpressive forwards still on the books I think the priority (if we can get one) is an out and out goal scorer.

Johnstone was the last proven goalscorer we had at this level. No one's filled his boots since.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted that Oliver has signed on for another year. He's a good option to have at this level. Hopefully McKinnon brings out the best in him.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I think all in he scored about 17 that season which isn't a bad return at all in what was a middling to poor season for us. It just never seemed to me that his finishing was the strongest part of his game. I thought his strength was mainly in unsettling defences, he looked to me like another second striker. In my opinion (possibly only mine) his scoring record with us on paper is better than some of the the performances I watched.

I think all in he scored about 17 that season which isn't a bad return at all in what was a middling to poor season for us. It just never seemed to me that his finishing was the strongest part of his game. I thought his strength was mainly in unsettling defences, he looked to me like another second striker. In my opinion (possibly only mine) his scoring record with us on paper is better than some of the the performances I watched.

Kind of the same thoughts on big denny.

Can't deny his record with us but something just makes me think he is not what we need up top!

Seems to lack confidence pretty easily and has been poor since he left us. Agree on his finishing too, never seems to strike the ball the way a striker should!

If he was to sign, I'd hope he would prove me wrong but personally hope McKinnon is looking elsewhere!

Happy to have Oliver signed up. He’s talented and if he improves his goalscoring could be a very important player for us in the coming season. The season before last his linkup play was integral to how we played, and with Ray supposedly wanting to play the ball on the deck more he’ll hopefully get back to that level.

Big Denny...err, I’m not too sure. He improved tenfold whilst playing for us but there’s just something about him I, and a lot of other supporters just weren’t convinced by.

Happy to have Oliver signed up. He’s talented and if he improves his goalscoring could be a very important player for us in the coming season. The season before last his linkup play was integral to how we played, and with Ray supposedly wanting to play the ball on the deck more he’ll hopefully get back to that level.

Big Denny...err, I’m not too sure. He improved tenfold whilst playing for us but there’s just something about him I, and a lot of other supporters just weren’t convinced by.

Denny had a good goal return and now has experience playing at a higher level. Your half arsed subjectives are absolutely irrelevant.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That’s a shame.

Well yeah. "I wasn't convinced that his goal tally at this level while playing for a midling team, not replicated since, is good enough".

I'd take Denny Johnstone over any of our forwards last couple of seasons.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Well yeah. "I wasn't convinced that his goal tally at this level while playing for a midling team, not replicated since, is good enough".

I'd take Denny Johnstone over any of our forwards last couple of seasons.

Meh. I’d be fine with him coming back but we’ve got somebody that actually seems to know what they’re doing with regards to recruitment, I personally think there could be simillar or better options out there.

Meh. I’d be fine with him coming back

Nice climbdown, it look less than an hour too.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Cardle has always stood out for me whenever he has played against us down the years. Would be more than happy to have him.

Also, Denny would be the best forward at the club if he was to sign, would love him back.

Cardle is a horrible wee bastard and a thorn in the side of most teams. Would love to see us go for him, he is a danger in the box wth defenders liable to pull him down and can chip in with assists.

Hopefully something in it.

Then why is the only club confirmed to be sniffing about him right now a diddy seaside league outfit in the form of Raith Rovers? He's in fact a largely ineffective sand-dancer - which is why his current situation confirms that being part of a piss-poor Dunfermline team will be the mediocre 'peak' in his flat as Holland playing career.

A promotion-challenging Famous side deserves better and going by the ambition demonstrated so far will find that when completing our squad.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived