Morton V Dumbarton Match Thread - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Dumbarton Match Thread

AyrshireTon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=NkAv21Ybz64

"Video | Manager Jim Duffy speaks to media and communications officer Jonathan Mitchell after yesterday's 1-1 draw with Dumbarton. He says the only aspect that really disappointed him, besides the goal conceded, was the result, as he felt his side dominated the game and deserved to take maximum points."

More deluded ramblings from Duffy. If he really things that performance is good enough and we deserved the three points the sooner he joins the McKinnon express to oblivion the better. More entertainment watching Emmerdale.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Duffy wasn’t disappointed with that display then I’m starting to get really worried.

Totally agree. Very worrying that he isn't seeing what everyone else is seeing. Potential shame game coming up if we're scudded of the midden, with Paisley St James burnt to the ground.

Really hope we get the finger out for this one as a bad result is going to ruin a good day out!

The weekly bullshit bingo is getting particularly irritating: with the amount of 'well organised' and 'difficult to break down' teams Duffy finds, you'd think that we were competing in 1990s Serie A instead of an absolutely dung second tier.

We have just thirteen league goals in ten games because your tactical and selection tombola leads to disjointed garbage in at least one half of moat games.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just watched Duffys interview from after the game on Saturday and putting that together with some displays this season including Saturday's I am growing rather worried.. Said as soon as the transfer window shut and we hadn't brought anybody in that we were going to struggle..

Saturday's performance was an absolute disgrace. It's the same every time we get the ball from the back, gaston to centre half, centre half straight ball into the channel. Easy for teams to defend and extremely boring to watch.

Jai is a striker and we are wasting him out wide, Duffy is sacrificing him to there because of his refusal or inability to bring in any wingers. Gaston needs dropped been saying it for weeks, Doohan must be wondering why he's not getting a shot. We have no cover in defence and no competition. Last year we had players pushing for a start right across the back 4 and versatile players eg McDonagh who could cover if needed. Harkins is past it and he's certainly not a holding midfielder and never has been, why are we playing arguably our most creative player there, if he's going to play him then he needs to be higher up the park.

Fan of Thompson but he was utter balls.

With Inverness and Falkirk on the rise and a likely revival for Dundee United under a new gaffer things are not looking good at all and I am f***ing dreading next week.

In that instance - a game at the start of the season - credit is given where it's due. Since then we've not really had a notable performance.

2nd half against Dunfermline. QoS away was good too. Other than that I agree.

EOho8Pw.png

That's more a reflection the state of the league.

We should be comfortably at the top or challenging. We've had 2 comsequtive better seasons that St.Mirren yet they've still managed to surge beyond us again in all aspects. Why? Togetherness and ambition.

Comfortably at the top?? You having a laugh??

We prob have the 6th biggest budget in the league.

Still expect us to be targeting top 4 but to say we should be top just because we were better than St Mirren last season is nuts!

Comfortably at the top?? You having a laugh??

We prob have the 6th biggest budget in the league.

Still expect us to be targeting top 4 but to say we should be top just because we were better than St Mirren last season is nuts!

Well, other that Utd, who's actually better than us?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The league so far suggests St Mirren, Dunfermline, Livingston and QoS. We've also yet to beat any of the teams below us in the league. 

But aye, we should be strolling it.

Again, that probably comes down to us. Failure to use our budget wisely, because we've no real statement of intent. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived