Morton V Dumbarton Match Thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Dumbarton Match Thread

AyrshireTon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have a midfield without Tidser. I'll probably go to Paisley next week but fucked if I'm traveling any further to watch us just now.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That was bloody awful, again. We’re just so average, and dull. Meh collection of footballers, meh manager, meh performance, meh season (if we’re lucky) Not to mention a guff crowd, no atmosphere and yet more ticketing issues.

There was a real chance to push on after last year’s relative success, we haven’t, and will spend another year doing nothing of note in this godforsaken division. I’m just bored, and it certainly looks like I’m not the only one.

Assuming that everyone knows how to use the internet, especially given the age group of folk that watch Morton,then providing the worst website in the history of websites, is one masssssssssive oversight. I really don't see how it appeals to folk who want to go last minute. One look at that website is enough to put anyone off.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Duffy needs to realise that it should be Quitongo and Oliver up front. It worked well last season and would again.

It would work better, but without Lindsay I don't think that playing two central midfielders can work most weeks for us. We definitely need an extra body in there next week or we'll get murdered.

McHugh finished very well but we're wasting Quitongo out wide to accommodate him in the team. Unless we can make a 4-3-3 work - and it didn't at the start of the season - then we have too many forwards in the same starting eleven.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2-3 good loanees and we'd be in a far better position. Failure to use the loan market as in previous seasons has cost us dearly. Whether it's bad luck or lack of effort doesn't make a huge difference to me, the outcome is clear.

EOho8Pw.png

It's just terrible to watch. Jai not being through the middle is just mental. Russell really struggling aswell. Gaston playing out from the back initially for us to only go long anyway through a centre back or Harkins (who played well today).

At times there is Jai, McHugh, Oliver, Thomson all standing upfront with absolutely no one coming short for the ball. Forbes coming on from the bench worked to an extent and we got more from him today than we have in awhile.

Lamie absolutely strolling things for us at the moment which is great to see. He was very unlucky not to have a goal or 2, hopefully that'll come next weekend.

Duffy, again, had a big part to play in today's game. Whether Thomson was supposed to be part of a midfield three or a forward four was a ridiculous decision and that was one of the poorest first half in a long time.

Also, saying he'll review squad after the first quarter now needs to be looked at as a bad decision when we're crying out for options. That late in the season only leaves us with the dregs or a loan deal that comes good so luck starts to come into things.

I'll need to see it again to be sure but I thought that their goal was Russell's fault rather than Gaston's. All in all Russell had a terrible game and put us under pressure on at least three occasions. He seems completely lacking in confidence and offers us nothing going forward which is really disappointing since he had so much promise.

Duffy should recall Lewis Strapp immediately to offer an alternative or at least competition.

For all that we were poor, particularly in the first half Dumbarton aided by an appalling referee gave a Masterclass in time wasting. We were lucky if we got 60 minutes of play.

Crowds are going down and nothing to suggest they’ll go back up anytime soon. It’s been obvious to everyone the squad is lacking quality and depth since the very early stages of the season but Duffy hasn’t addressed this and fills the bench up with kids. A quarter of the season is way too long to now assess the squad. I fear an absolute hammering next week, especially if tidser is still out. They’ll still be hurting from the 4-1 game and will be smelling blood. Really can’t be arsed going

FTOF

I don't think I can ever remember seeing a referee giving so much time to a player tying a shoelace so early in a match, and it happened twice. Terrible refereeing today, but at least he missed Jai's hand ball at our goal.

Russell at fault for the goal imo. He did so well to get back to clear, but then just miss hit the ball and slid into Gaston. Must've been 3 or 4 occasions when Russell miss hit a clearance.

Doyle was also summed up at their goal. Determined run down the line, only to tamely give the ball to the first man at the cross. Left him totally out of position and that space was exploited.

Once again our game plan, whatever that was, didn't work. We relied on trying to throw everything at a team holding onto something. We had plenty of chances to win it later on, and were the stronger team in the second half, but we can't rely on trying to force our way back into a match. More things didn't work today than did work.

We know that players like Russell, O'Ware, Doyle, and Oliver (each in their own way) can play better, but in some cases patience is running out. It's difficult to tell if Thomson can play better, or if he's really just that bad. Harkins was not what we needed in there today, at all.

First half was the worst half of football I can recall seeing, at one point we had a goal kick and the team was lined up in a 6-0-4 formation, there’s no competition for players who are going through the motions, and even with a crowd of 1,400 today some fans still weren’t in till 3.15 because they had to stand in 2 queues to get in.

Absolute farce all round.

The scum will be out for revenge and will probably put about 4/5 past is next week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=NkAv21Ybz64

"Video | Manager Jim Duffy speaks to media and communications officer Jonathan Mitchell after yesterday's 1-1 draw with Dumbarton. He says the only aspect that really disappointed him, besides the goal conceded, was the result, as he felt his side dominated the game and deserved to take maximum points."

Archived