Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

Andrew Dallas, so no help will be forthcoming. Shouldn't have too much of an impact: if our players turn up and don't get fazed by the pretend 'big team' they're playing, we'll sword them.

0-2: Forbes, O'Ware.

cheers VT

Think Rangers will score though as cannot see them not scoring at IBrokes.

I'll go for 1-2

ps: expect about 12 minutes of injury time in 2nd half if its a draw or Morton winning after 90 minutes

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to post a bitchy reply to our resident knuckle scraper until "suddenly it dawned" that with the imminent threat of administration in Govan, the club had better be quick in making sure Rangers pay up the ticket money that we'll be due.

The previous incarnation were very slow in paying football debt five years ago, I'd doubt the b*stard spawn will be any more accommodating should the sh*t hit the fan.

A bit redundant saying this I know. But with a fully fit squad (Quitongo, Oliver, Pepper + no cup tied Shankland) I'd have been pretty confident of getting something from this. I don't doubt that we'll make it difficult for Rangers, but I can't see us having enough quality to see them off. I have no idea what way Duffy is going to set up for this, but I know by now not to question it. (So long as it isn't a back 5 as deployed at Parkhead.) i think we'll score, and think we will have chances to win it, but unfortunately see it being too difficult to get a win (regardless of the current turmoil at Ibrox)

3-1 Rangers.

A bit redundant saying this I know. But with a fully fit squad (Quitongo, Oliver, Pepper + no cup tied Shankland) I'd have been pretty confident of getting something from this. I don't doubt that we'll make it difficult for Rangers, but I can't see us having enough quality to see them off. I have no idea what way Duffy is going to set up for this, but I know by now not to question it. (So long as it isn't a back 5 as deployed at Parkhead.) i think we'll score, and think we will have chances to win it, but unfortunately see it being too difficult to get a win (regardless of the current turmoil at Ibrox)

3-1 Rangers.

I'm buzzing for this tomorrow but I don't think we'll make it difficult at all tbh. Miller etc have got enough about them to know this is a game where they need to step up. 3-0 home win.

I'm buzzing for this tomorrow but I don't think we'll make it difficult at all tbh. Miller etc have got enough about them to know this is a game where they need to step up. 3-0 home win.

And they didn't need to hound Hearts? I'm not saying we're anywhere near Hearts' level but that was an absolute capitulation at a key time as well. They are in very, very real danger of not finishing second. Even fourth isn't completely beyond the realms of possibility. All these experienced guys haven't exactly stepped up to the plate yet.

EOho8Pw.png

Difficult to gauge what kind of impact the Warburton situation is going to have on Rangers players. They're either going to come out with a rocket up their arse, with a boisterous home support, or will come out with their heads down under some no-mark youth coach. Either way, we have to get at them from the first minute, and frustrate the 25,000 or so orcs actually in attendance from the get go.

You sound like a Rangers fan?

What, for thinking we'll lose away from home to a significantly better team who really need a win? Anybody going to this game tomorrow expecting a result is deluded. If we can give a good account of ourselves great, if we get something even better.

This'll go one of two ways - either they'll be fired up and we'll get the backlash of the last two days or they'll be in disarray and be picked off by the Mighty in front of a support who will likely start eating each other out of sheer anger.

Two hours until departure - 'mon the Ton!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived