Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

Gaston was at fault again for the second goal. This takes nothing away from his commendable efforts in a parade of mediocre Morton sides, but he's a clear weak link in the current squad. It's time for us to upgrade in that position.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaston was at fault again for the second goal. This takes nothing away from his commendable efforts in a parade of mediocre Morton sides, but he's a clear weak link in the current squad. It's time for us to upgrade in that position.

I'm Gaston's biggest fan but was thinking that when I saw the replay, you shouldn't be getting beat low at your near post like that. He made some good other saves but that was poor.

The first was also a cheap one to give away and I don't think we really recovered after it.

I'm actually seething, not faulting the effort or the ideas at all, and if Nesbitt (who was otherwise very useful in a thankless role) had out that chance away it would have been different. Rangers showed some good passing and were more canny than us but ffs they were there for the taking. Worse teams will take draws from Ibrox this season.

EOho8Pw.png

Care to elaborate?

Another rumour without a source imo. I don't see the point in even posting stuff that ain't even witnessed. Maybe if he did he is working his ticket out the club lol

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Care to elaborate?

Another rumour without a source imo. I don't see the point in even posting stuff that ain't even witnessed. Maybe if he did he is working his ticket out the club lol

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Disappointed with the result but what a 2nd half effort. Thought we tried to get rid of the ball fr too quickly in the 1st and overall our passing was pretty poor. Big improvement after they went ahead and with a wee bit of composure we would be looking at a replay.

Great shift and shame there's no reward for it.

Rangers defence is complete dross and Jai and Oliver would have ripped the pish out of them.

Well done Jim and the boys.

I'm surprised that rangers are placed that high in the league with the utter pish lining up for them.  Goalie and defence are comical , Halliday is a fan that's been handed a strip and still they got a result today.   Very lucky deflection for the equaliser.

Just saw the QF draw.  Old Firm both at home again.   FFS  . Celtic won the league cup without having to travel outside Glasgow already this season. 

Edit to add  --    I wonder if their loyal and faithful fans will turn up for the next round????

Watched the highlights on Sportscene. Two glorious chances in the second half. The better option for Donnelly would have been to square but other than that his introduction made a big difference. The deflection was crucial for the first but completely agree with the guys in the studio - Kilday should have gone for the initial header and left Doyle to deal with McKay.

I thought everyone put in a shift and with a bit more quality up front (which annoyingly we have injured at the club) then who knows. Probably never have a better chance and all of that.

Think it's a bit harsh to single out Gaston. The ball should have never have got through for him to palm it into the path of Waghorn. I thought he had a very good game and kept us in it in the second half (and a brilliant finger tip save in the first half).

Btw, Senderos? Absolute bomb scare.

That's true that it shouldn't have got to Gaston but at the same time that's what he's there for, and more than once he was tentative at crosses. I am a big fan of his and he's fine for mid table Championship but that was still poor.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived