Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 36 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted we never took that to a replay today. Gave them too much time at points in the game, and there was a period just before their 2nd we really gave them too much respect and should of been hassling and pressuring them.

Another hard luck story for ourselves with not taking chances, expected Nesbitt to do a Stef and bend it inside the post. And also with Donnellys chance I thought Forbes was going to wrap his foot around it and into the net. Lots of pluses, The Tribute Act were atrocious and rely a lot on McKay, he definetly grew into the game post Doyle injury. McDonagh did well granted. Lindsay unlucky with his shot aswell.

Great support there for us today, well done to all, songs were great and the nick of some of their lot was just brilliant. Between fat, specky guy with the biggest diddies in the place to the wee guys down the front doing their best Begbie impersonations it was funny as fuck. Their club is a total joke and roll on their second administration 👍🏻

Voice gone, but proud of our cracking bunch of boys again. Mon eh ton.

Gutted we never took that to a replay today. Gave them too much time at points in the game, and there was a period just before their 2nd we really gave them too much respect and should of been hassling and pressuring them.

Another hard luck story for ourselves with not taking chances, expected Nesbitt to do a Stef and bend it inside the post. And also with Donnellys chance I thought Forbes was going to wrap his foot around it and into the net. Lots of pluses, The Tribute Act were atrocious and rely a lot on McKay, he definetly grew into the game post Doyle injury. McDonagh did well granted. Lindsay unlucky with his shot aswell.

Great support there for us today, well done to all, songs were great and the nick of some of their lot was just brilliant. Between fat, specky guy with the biggest diddies in the place to the wee guys down the front doing their best Begbie impersonations it was funny as ****. Their club is a total joke and roll on their second administration

Voice gone, but proud of our cracking bunch of boys again. Mon eh ton.

Just seen highlights

Gaston should have done better at second

Nesbit should have kept it low

Donnelly oh Donnelly

Agreed about McDonagh btw. Doyle looked extremely nervous throughout and while obviously I wish him a very speedy recovery - he's been a very good signing overall - McDonagh was much calmer.

Donnelly's miss was even worse the second time around but  other than that I thought he looked like he could be useful.

EOho8Pw.png

Did anyone catch the attendance?

edit: 30,295 according to Sky Sports. Should make a bit off of that.

I think the pantomine at Ibrox this week might have done us a favor, the fans may have felt motivated to show up after that bit of drama.

EOho8Pw.png

Just seen highlights

Gaston should have done better at second

Nesbit should have kept it low

Donnelly oh Donnelly

After watching highlights and if Donnelly moved it on one to O'Ware he would of scored. Torture going over it all 😂

Difficult to say if we did much wrong, but it always helps to have two guys up, and with a bomb-scare like Senderos, you want to keep him anxious.

We keep doing this backing-off defending as well, especially when we have enough cover. Looks like it cost us both of the goals.

Gaston is a great shot-stopper, our centre-backs should protect him from cross-balls, and he should learn to distribute the ball. I bet you he could throw the ball accurately to the centre spot, maybe he should work on that.

I think that defeat hurts more because a draw was there and we deserved it, and a win could have happened.

The noise from Morton's corner was phenomenal, I had to buy a ticket on the day for the Jandi Sardine Stand. The bluenoses around me knew they could lose that game, all the way.

Pity McCoist taught Kenny Miller how to calmly hit the target instead of blasting it.

We still need half a yard of speed for top division, but we're getting there. Only one of the team looked uncomfortable.

... proud to be apart from the groupthink tree ...

Gaston - 7. Couple of great saves but some terrible distribution.

Doyle - 6. Solid until he went off.

Kilday - 7. Couple of shakey moments early on but solid throughout.

O'Ware - 8. An SPL centre half.

Lamie - 7. Defensively solid and worked his socks off.

Forbes - 6. Great shift but final ball lacking from Forbinho

Lindsay - 9. Lungs like a hot air balloon

Murdoch - 10. Incredible shift and some absolutely lovely footwork under pressure.

Russell - 7. Decent stuff in both positions. Didn't look out of place in either.

Tidser - 10. Ladies and Gentlemen, Michael Tidser.

Nesbitt - 9. Best performance in a Morton shirt.

McDonagh- 7. A performance to be proud of for the donut.

Mikey Dyle must be a blast in the changing room, oh and he aint a bad player either, I thought everyone played well but in the 2nd half definitely gave them too much respect and time at points. main thing for me is whilst its nice to be in the cup it can be a distraction,,,,,,,,,,,the league is the main priority.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Archived