Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 38 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

McKay was impressive today it has to be said, was Rangers best player against Celtic not that long ago as well. Not quite worth however many million the Sevconians & Daily Record think he is, but he's a very talented footballer. Shame he's a complete w**k though.

No he wasn't. He has absolutely no end product as a left winger on his weaker side, so cuts inside onto his right foot literally every time. At any credible level of football that would be found out within moments. He is absolutely gubbins.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our formation today was excellent and Duffy had his tactics spot on*: deliberately clipping balls behind their back line that Nesbitt was clearly prepared to run on to was an excellent, prepared exercise.

I'm now wondering when Quitongo will be fit again because if we can add that imperious goal threat to the solid team behind the lone striker (and Ross Forbes having a much better day as well) then we should be going up.

* Suggested by yours truly.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Gutted with that result. Performance and effort was there. Only thing lacking was end product today.

A bit of thought and composure from Donnelly and nesbitt and we score and get at least a replay.

Tidsers goal was absolute quality. Him and Murdoch mom for me. But no failures.

I don't understand the bad feeling towards McKay from most Morton fans, he was far from our worst player that season, and scored in a couple of wins for us.

You must have missed when he was through on goal for us 60-40 in his favour and he let the keeper pick it up in case he hurt his wee leg. Can't stand the wee cnt and his attention seeking camp demeanour.

Agreed about McDonagh btw. Doyle looked extremely nervous throughout and while obviously I wish him a very speedy recovery - he's been a very good signing overall - McDonagh was much calmer.

Donnelly's miss was even worse the second time around but  other than that I thought he looked like he could be useful.

Seems the nerves come over him in the big games - semi-final another example. 

Worrying, given we have potential play-off games coming up

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Wee Barrie was the main threat yesterday but only secured the MoM nomination as he played for the winning team. It may be rose tinted specs but for me it was clearly Tidser. My issue with McKay is that he came across as Billy Big Boots throughout his time at Morton. Yes there was the occasional moment but by and large his heart was never in it. No coincidence that the Raith fans I know are of the opinion that McKay never gave 100% during his loan spell.

One other interesting aspect from yesterday is the decision of Rangers to upgrade Murdoch for Halliday! Not quite on the Forbes transfer scale but a might strange managerial decision. I hope discussions are ongoing in the background to keep Murdoch at Morton for the foreseeable.

Seems the nerves come over him in the big games - semi-final another example. 

Worrying, given we have potential play-off games coming up

Someone needs to make him some memes to get his spirits up.

EOho8Pw.png

I can't imagine, or perhaps I just don't wish to entertain the merest thought of being that angry and bitter about everything all the time.

I've often found amongst Old Firm supporters that they have absolutely no definition between their team and the rest of their life. Weird, disturbing things like referring to their children exclusively in the context of how they are almost as great a source of pride to them as their team, an insistence on family occasions revolving round their support, an aversion to clothing in the 'wrong' colours, deliberately listening to sh*+e music because it has some tenuous association with their team, etc ad nauseam.

Edited as predictive text on my phone came up with the absolute stoater "assoculation"

Archived