Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't be the only one that thought the atmosphere in the away end wasn't that great.

As with many games there were peaks and lulls in the noise. The guys immediately in front of me spent most of the game giving the huge guy pelters and singing songs about the death of Rangers. I have to admit that I'm not the loudest guy in the world, but I was at the game on the back of being sick for a week or so and losing over a stone in weight, so my energy levels were not exactly high - except when we all went a bit mental for Tidser's finish, of course.

I think it's difficult for a pocket of fans at Ibrox, low down in a corner to generate a level of noise that doesn't immediately dissipate in to the big empty void above their heads. You get the same number of people in the Cowshed with its low roof and the noise is nearly a cacophony.

And I really dislike Kenny Miller.

If there's anyone associated with that club I do like it's Miller. The guy's been a brilliant professional and great servant to the national team, who received a hell of a lot of unwarranted stick in his time playing for Scotland. That he's still performing to such a high level at his age, and with the amount of chancers and wasters around him is a credit to the guy.

Just because the club he plays for is odious, that shouldn't deflect from Miller's qualities.

If there's anyone associated with that club I do like it's Miller. The guy's been a brilliant professional and great servant to the national team, who received a hell of a lot of unwarranted stick in his time playing for Scotland. That he's still performing to such a high level at his age, and with the amount of chancers and wasters around him is a credit to the guy.

Just because the club he plays for is odious, that shouldn't deflect from Miller's qualities.

Took the words right out my mouth.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I agree, just wish he'd stop fucking scoring against us. Cunt.

Bang on. Miller is a fantastic player and despite his age is still a stand out. would have him at cappielow in a heart beat, his work rate is superb and always has been

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I agree 100%, when other guys were dropping out of the squad Miller was running himself into the ground in pointless friendlies. There was a completely meaningless game against Austria a few years ago and I thought he was going to give himself a heart attack. I've always liked Miller ever since his Wolves days. In a Scotland shirt he may have underachieved a little in competitive games but you know what, join the fucking queue, compared to most of the guys who came through in his cohort he was a world-beater.

EOho8Pw.png

100% agree. One of the good guys in Scottish football.

When you put it like that, aye. Saying that I too really dislike him is harsh.

His work effort, fitness level, dedication to the national team and all that are admirable qualities. His ability to put up with all of the stick he got for crossing the 'Old Firm Divide' more than once too.

He does seem to have this element of theatricality to his reactions. I got a bit ticked off with him at Ibrox when he seemed to get away with regularly getting in the ref's face, questioning his decisions, etc. He's far from the worst in that respect, though.

The reason players do that is that it works and the refs never deal with it. I always thought if I was a ref I'd never walk backwards after a contentious decision. If a player wants to run into me they can do so and then get a red card. Rugby is a terrible sport but the refereeing side of it they mostly get right. Mostly.

EOho8Pw.png

In what was a brave attempt by the new club, £1.5 million man "Joe Garner" manages a consolation goal.

Aberdeen win, too, so Rangers are now six points behind second place.

Were they not 10 clear of Aberdeen at one point? This is absolutely atrocious.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived